I met a guy who is so much like me, is that a good thing in a relationship?

I can't believe my luck tbh. I'm SO into this guy, and we are so similar? Our interests are both of darker nature, our music taste is similar but his is more expansive and louder, we talk in the same fashion, we have the same favorite authors, our fave movie genres are the same, his personality and how he views life is the same... We both are introverted loners... I just... This is good right? Or weird? Of course we have some differences, like in our background, experiences (he's 5 years older), food likes... Other little stuff I'm sure. Is this a good thing? He's honestly the male version of me. We even dress similar. Our smiles and eyes are the same too.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like me when I was in love with my husband I could only see that we had everything in common. LOL go for it and I wish you all the luck in the world

Actually that's a great point I hadn't considered! It could be that I'm just so into him that I mostly just see our common interests, haha. :b

yeah, stay with him for a couple of years and you will see everything about him.

What Guys Said 24

• There is nothing wrong being with someone who is more like you. I know you’ve heard the old saying, “Opposites Attract” and that is still true in some cases, but you have to remember, such sayings were during a time when gender roles were very distinct, which is grossly different by today’s standards.

In our modern world, strict gender roles have been pretty much abolished. Males and females alike are being taught they can do whatever they want to do and that’s a good thing, therefore, having someone opposite you isn’t really the ideal anymore, in my view.

More perfectly would be to find someone similar to you now. Someone who doesn’t so much compliment your faults like in the old days, but someone who just accepts all that you are, no matter your flaws, but at the same time shares your likes, dislikes, and interest, because in the grand scheme of life, it is way too short to sit around trying to find that common balance.

It is often best, if you start off with that common ground already there, because I’ll tell you, there’s always going to be larger issues to deal with in your relationship, besides the type of movies or foods you’re interested in and if you already have those similar interests it is going to make those problems easier to deal with.

• This was me and my ex. Totally into all the same stuff, we turned into good friends/room mates after many years. However it was a very easy relationship, never arguing about stuff, and always entertained. It will certainly work, for me it didn't in the long term unfortunately.

• When the connection rate is super high like that I would not think twice to start moving into a relationship, obviously let the natural growing of two people grow it's very rare to find someone like that. I mean, shit I've only found it once and I am definitely hoping for a 2nd with this other girl in the military with me. Lastly, I would not like to think back years from now and say what if. That's one thing that will haunt you.

• I think it's good to be similar as long as you have a few differences. Having the same interests and views in a lot of things would be nice, so I say it's a good thing.

• It's not a bad thing but only if you're both well balanced

Like a girl that isn't particularly assertive and is timid would be better with a guy that is headstrong

But at the same time being headstrong myself I find a girl that is assertive and perhaps a little Feisty extremely sexy

• I'm afraid you're looking in a mirror. You're having a mild stroke!

Less arguments over what to watch/listen to. Probably good for the most part, especially certain views. Different people can lead you to do things you wouldn't normally do though.

• You two become more relatable to each other. Also, it's easier to do things together. The interests are pretty much the same. Just make sure you two find new ways of surprising each other.

• You two vibrate at similar frequencies in love. There are more likes and almost no dislikes. This is great for you both. Love is definitely bound to happen in such a situation. so go ahead without fear.

• As long as you both share the same fundamental values it's ok but been that similar in vast aspects of the relationship can cause a strong monotony that can make one of you seek for something different.

• If it's stuff like that, I'm good. If it looks like we're dry humping, then no.

• Sounds good to me...

• nah it's not a bad thing

• Too much of anything is bad for you.

I personally think it good to have some differences, otherwise it just be boring. I don't want to date the female version of me.

• It all depends upon how you feel about yourself. Do you like what you see in the mirror?

Just my opinion

• You don't know enough about him to properly judge yet

I've always been good at reading people early on. It's why I'm doing so well in psychology

• he is just good looking and ur a fugly slut. Its just a halo, trust me

This has nothing to do with looks

• Itz not really that good.. The relationship will only last for a while and it will start getting boring. Remember the Law "Opposite charges attract" "Like charges repel"

• Seems like a good thing, but are you sure he's all that the same?

He's like the male version of me

That's probably a good thing if you're both into that. ^^

• It's fine. But don't get too obsessed with him.

• It is a wonderful thing.

• That's a good thing

• ofc yes

• The girl I'm seeing has a ton in common with me, it's insane. We're not mirror images of each other but enough in common to where we connect a lot.

We're both open to discovering interests we don't share as well.

It's great to find someone with a ton in common, just don't put them on a pedestal.

• Yeah it's generally great to be similar because you get along so well.
    Just with some things it's good to be the opposite. For example if both are indecisive it's not so good. And some differences are good cause it makes the other interesting. But similarities make you really connect and feel like you belong together

What Girls Said 5

• I loved a guy who was like me (with a few differences obviously). We got along fine. Our stubbornness caused a couple fights but fights are normal/healthy in any relationship. We couldn't be together because of distance but I honestly feel like he's my soulmate

• When I dated someone the opposite of me it was a nightmare, never again. It was interesting to see life through someone else's perspective and it opened me up to new things but that's what friends are for. I now hope one day I can find the male version of me. I always wished I could date myself lol.. the next best thing is a male version of you. Of course no one could understand someone else completely, but mutual understanding is important in a relationship.

• Oops I clicked 'No' when I actually meant 'yes'. FAIL!

Yeah it's a good thing that you have a common ground with interests, clothing, personality etc. Can't see anything bad come out of this.

• It is a really good thing, as you two would get along very well. My man and I are also almost exactly the same. Same interests, same values, same view on life... It never bores me.

• Wateva floats ur boat.
    Opposite charges attract, so yeah