How much time does it take for you to get physically intimate with someone you're dating?

do you become exclusive first.. ? or do you try the sexual waters before getting into something serious? and usually how much time is that?
how much time does it take for you to get physically intimate with someone you're dating?

1331

Most Helpful Guy

• Haven't gotten that far but doing it when both are ready would be the best. None the less, about three months is kind of sort of the most I'd want it to drag out. But I'd most def not want it on the first date/in the beginning.
    Well I would... but then she wouldn't be long-term material UNLESS the circumstances were highly specific and we, perhaps, knew each other way before we started dating. So what I'm saying is that I don't want a relationship with a woman with whom I have sex before getting to know her on a deeper level.
    But I'm not the type to wait until marriage. That's far too great a risk. Not worth it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually go at the pace the man sets. If he wants several dates first, then i'm willing to wait. But if he makes a move on the first date, AND i'm feeling a vibe, I'm down. For me, it matters less WHEN we have sex, but rather the baseline QUALITY of our sexual compatibility. As long as both parties are upfront with what they are looking for, I generally try not to miss out on an opportunity for good sex until i have found someone with whom I have built enough of an emotional connection to become serious.

What Guys Said 30

• If it was with you, it wouldn't take long at all ;)

• whenever we feel both ready for it. Sex on the first date is possible but unlikely, the same for no sex until marriage. Definitely not what I have in mind but if I'm completely in love with her... I'm willing to wait. But idealy I'd say sex within the first few months, kissing much earlier. I really don't have any real minimum waiting times for being intimate with someone. If the moment feels right I won't push her away and say "noooooope, we need at least 3 more dates" lol.

And as soon as I start dating someone, I am exclusive. Not dating 2 people at the same time or hooking up while dating someone

• Women as you get older do it based on how they feel and if it doesn't work out they move on. Which I thinks is best for both men and women all that waiting for 6 to 7 months is a waist of time. Because say u wait until the and you do that as women u r emotionally involved and they guy wanted sex he would get it from some else while waiting on you then u do have sex u are emotionally involved then let's he says this after wards Im looking for a relationship then hurt because deducted yourself to him and he had been doing thing else where waiting u to give him some now he has got it but does want a relationship. This happens a lot and women don't understand why until they get older say screw the rules because there r no rules.

• Lmao, i do not date anymore. case closed, locked my heart up and then smashed the box with a sledge hammer.
    But hypothetically and on past experience... i take anywhere from 1 month to 6 months to even begin thinking about sex with the girl... if i like her that is. If i don't... a few days to a week. Until she calls me a pussy

• A kiss on the second date

• I'd definitely want to be exclusive first, not something I'd ever rush... just when we're both ready.
    I'd make you wait until you proposed to me Cindi :P

• They usually want it by the time the first date is over

• I wish there was a formula, that would make life much easier.

You can be in a dating scenario and drop all kinds of subtle hints, and they all are ignored. Next guy dates her, says nothing suggestive, and she climbs him like a tree. You were not her cup of tea and he was,, go figure!

Just my opinion

• Not on the first date but kind of soon. Of course I wouldn't push her or anything like that. Having sex very soon wouldn't hurt the relationship if I really liked her it would just make me want her even more.

Could you answer my question..

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• I like a girl who wants to wait for marriage. I like kissing, hugs, cuddling but would rather wait for marriage for actual sexual intercourse.

• Depends on the type of girl.

If she's serious dating them as long as possible.

If she's not then as soon as possible.

• Test the waters first, I don't want to be in a relationship with someone I'm not sexually compatible with.

In my experience, my best and longest relationships went sexual sooner rather than later.

• I wouldn't put a time line on it but it takes me longer than usual I think. I like to establish trust and emotional connection first.

• I think it very much depends on the compatibility/chemistry of the two people. My current girlfriend and I kissed on the second date and had sex on the third. I pretty much took her lead though, as I didn't want to make her uncomfortable at all. I definitely don't NEED to get really intimate right away, but she and I just click like no one's business.

• Depends on the girl, but I wouldn't say no to first date sex.

• would that change your mind about having relationship with her?

• Not if during the date she's assured me that she just wants a relationship and I see her as relationship material.

• We'd have to be exclusive first. No exceptions.

• That depends on the person and how I see her. The answer might be 'never' or 'two hours'

• It all depends on the situation... no standard answer here...

• I think it cannot be calculated... but it's better you get into sexual waters only after you found your soul mate.. you can't enjoy sex to the core without love... sex is about making love... without love it's a production factory :P

• Depends on the girl, but usually a few months

• i dont like to hurry :)
    sex on first date is welcomed :p

• Depends on the partner actually. When ever she is ready and comfortable sort of. It may be or may not be be even like a year or two if she want to wait till marriage.

• It doesn't take me very long.
    It can happen right off the bad for me, so it usually depends on the girl. How about you, asker?

• it depends on if I knew the guy before we started dating.. like were we friends or close somehow and If I knew him than yeah it'd be sooner.. if he's a total stranger than I'd take some time to know him and see if this is actually going somewhere or I should end it

• Haven't been in a relationship
    Only sex :P
    What about ya?

• As soon as I'm 90% sure I like the girl.

• I went from a long term celibate relationship to one where we got intimate after one month, but that one fell apart shortly afterward, leaving me devastated. I don't know anymore...

• 1 day

• as soon as I can get her to agree to it

• A few weeks. x

• usually about one month

What Girls Said 12

• Exclusive first and for us I think it was three weeks or more, I don't remember because it was seven years ago

• It depends on the guy. How I feel about him, how he treats me. With my boyfriend, I waited two weeks before sex. I just had a good feeling about him and felt safe with him. But other guys have waited much longer or never had sex with me.

• Could take years :p I think my answer is expected haha

• Like the fourth date. I used to be like " A man needs to wait at least seven months to come to bed with me". But now since i've had a life change and since I'm getting older.. four dates is fine by me and if the person doesn't keep seeing me.. oh well then :P

• I think it to do with the vibe of the relationship, it will happen when the time is right for both parties.

• Oh gosh.. Months probably.

• For me, it would be when we become exclusive.

• If I wasn't going to wait for marriage then three months. I was raised a christian so the goal is getting married because if he loved me he would wait. 😊

• Usually about 3 months.

• when it feels right

• I always wait until we are exclusive.

• After a few dates, i dont want to feel cheap. It is just me.