Is online daiting lame?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thought it was. But honestly, if you're there to actually look for a relationship, then I dont think it is. It is a way to connect with new people. Be it whether, you're shy and have a hard time opening up to people in public or maybe in you're field of work, you dont have much contact with others. Sometimes, people just have a hard time dating in every day transactions and need some help. It's not "pathetic". It can be a little risky, but if you're in it for the right reasons, then why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not wholesomely up for it nor liking it, save yourself the time and frustrations. Other people just go their to troll and mess around with fake profiles or catfish and can still have some fun with those type of websites. I think it's better to trying an alternative like meetup. com and join social groups and meet other people and hope for the best instead. If you make friends with groups that have similar and common interests then you may have a better chance of meeting with someone in person that you can eventually and actually "date".

What Girls Said 6

• Never really done it

• Its not for me but it does seem to work for other people.

• to me it is. i will never do online dating or hookup sites. it is pathetic in my opinion

It's easy to date when you're a woman; not when you're a man.

• yes...

• No, it is hard though if it becomes a long distant relationship. It's really tough but worth it.

• Not really.. I mean plenty of lame people on there that's true😋
    But I met my ex of 4 years there. And the guy I been seeing is now from online. and I'm glad i found them.
    I noticed there are many decent smart /above avg guys on the market though but I been on dates with so many young and cute lawyers/doctors/accountants/decent guys on there... And yes they all were verified lol it's a cool experience. And super great way to meet new people when you have a small social circle.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't mind it, it's just way more difficult than in person dating. Usually a lot of online dating doesn't work though so.

• Lame? Yeah. Effective, somewhat.

• Yes.

• Did you have to actually TRY online dating before you realized that it's a fucking stupid idea?