HOW DO I BREAK IT TO MY BEST FRIEND?

My best friend Adam of 8 years, just told me that he is in love with me. That from the moment he met he was crazy about me, and that he would do anything to be with me... I just got back together with my ex of 2 years, and I am trying to make things work. How do I break it to Adam that I don't feel the same way? Adam refuses to date anyone as he is waiting around for me...

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him that you're really sorry but you don't feel the same. He should accept it, he can't force you to love him. It might be a little hard for the two of you, and you probably won't talk and and you'll slowly drift apart, but you can't do anything else, just tell him the truth. If you don't, lying to him won't make it any better. Tell him that he should just move on and find someone who appreciates his love and loves him back.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You should tell him gently