Why do guys disappear?

why do guys disappear? like why vanish after a 5th great date and now you don't hear from them.
like why as in guys you do that? it shows immaturity and insecurity

Most Helpful Guy

• No loss is the thought that comes to mind, if that is their nature, they are not worth it - Looks like you are having a streak of bad luck - Not all men are like that, keep plugging away and you will meet a good one who lives up to your expectations.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol the title sounded so dramatic so I got all excited until I read the description 😪
    I guess it's because they lose interest, either they were only after sex and got it or didn't get it and decided to move on.

What Guys Said 23

• what happened on those dates... just getting to know? How long did he disappear?

It is immature... they should say what they think, how things are going for them. But a lot of people are not confident enough to do that or emotionally sound... that includes males and females. And then, after some time, they disappear, or "freak" and drop out... and we are left wondering what happened and what went wrong. you sound mature and emotionally grounded... could it be you are drawn to weak and needy guys?

the other reason I thought of is because it got too serious too fast. If he feels like pressure is on, he may back off. Especially true if he has doubts, doesn't mean the doubts are real.

• I've been wondering why girls disappear. I dated a girl a few months ago for a month and a half and I thought everything was amazing. One day she completely stopped contacting me and didn't even have the courtesy to respond to any of my contact attempts or give me a reason. Its not just guys that do it, girls do it too.

she basically played you with mind games hun

Wasn't any mind games involved. I'd say stopping contact makes it pretty clear one is done with a relationship. Its just very immature and hurts even more than if that person were to break up with you to your face.

i honestly do it face to face it shows insecurities and immaturity

• Dating is getting to know each other. It takes more than one to know a person better. Usually they decide you're not the one for him for whatever reason

• Maybe he thought you wee too good for them. Maybe he is scared of actually really liking you.

• It shows that he wasn't interested in you, and the impression you gave is that you wouldn't be able to handle it if he just told you that.

Men don't owe you anything. Not even an explanation.

• girls are worse, they do that more than guys. but when guys do that it means he wants her to chase him to show she's really into him, or maybe there was no hint to her being sexually interested too, or he's a player. girls do it because they just lose interest easy because girls never are into guys in the first place. obviously.

• Not all guys do that some are just immature

• It was great for you but not for him I'm guessing.
    Or you the side chick and his girl found your messages haha

• Maybe you should stop dating magicians if you don't want them to dissapear

• Uh no, it's not insecurity or immaturity, it's called turned off. They're just not into you. Or they found someone else.
    Time for some introspection. You're not making a valid connection. If they're really into you they'll keep coming back.
    What exactly do you bring to a relationship that is of value?

then why they keep wanting to hang with me and i keep having good dates , but honestly its just childish how i never did anything to cause this

Well, wait a minute - you said they 'vanished' after the 5th date. Now you're saying they still hang around? So, which is it?

How is something you didn't do to cause something 'childish'?

You're really not making any sense. LOL.

im sayingg i had 5 great times with him , the last time we still didn't have sex tho , but i posted a snap of him on my snapchat and he obvisouly responded at 1 am that i deleted him on my snap and he didn't awnser the next day aka when were suppose to hang he posts a story that he at a festival

• Not all guys are the same!!!
    Was he doing all the spending on you?
    There were 5 dates and for how long? (1 week, 2 weeks, 2 months etc?)

and dates were 3 hours or longer

Maybe you scared him off then. I would be a bit apprehensive if I am on my 5th date and I can do all the spending again. I do not mind spending some money on a girl if I like her, but any 'normal' person has his or her limits. Maybe he has his?
      With regards to the other question I wanted to know how many days have passed between the first and the last date.

• I agree with you. Maybe guys like that are scared of commitment or just lost interests. I'm guy that doesn't fit in that description and I too don't get it.

• Cause some find a new girl and some lose interest.. Some just get tired.

• I'll tell you this. They either wanted sex but haven't gotten it, or they found something about you they didn't like, or they found someone they like better but we're afraid to tell you.

• lol he have every right to disappear... its his life and he makes his own decisions and he can turn down/dissapear/we any girl for any reason he wants

• Just wondering if this is the same 28yo guy from the last question.

• It's a magic trick pretty cool eh?

• Gag.

• you did something wrong

• Yeah I'm pretty good at dissapearing from relationships. I would be friends with someone for years and suddenly just one day dissapear without contact.

I don't know why I do it

• Why can't we disappear?

• Well I haven't gotten 1 date so not really sure sounds like you would have made a connection

What Girls Said 4