My girlfriend is starting to get too serious?

We've only been dating for two months, but she frequently says "I love you" and a lot of other things that imply she wants to keep the relationship long term. See, she's really, really sweet, and I like her a lot, but I hate commitment. It gives me anxiety. We're both only 17, but she's talking about having a whole life together. What do I do? Can I tell her to tone it down without losing her or sounding like an absolute bitch?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you didn't want commitment then why did you start dating in the first place? its not making any sense.

In that case you should have kept it only friendships.

Most Helpful Girl

• What's the point of you being in a relationship if you hate commitment? I get that the "I love yous" Are WAY too early, and it's something you should talk to her about to make things more realistic, but if you honestly see this relationships as very temporary, then there's no reason at all to waste your time and her time.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• you are only 16... its not like she is asking for marriage or to move in it will still be a teen relationship at the end of the day. how far can it go?

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell her you enjoy her however you want to take things slow in order to enjoy it longer and more, that it kind of puts pressure on you to catch up where she is, you want to be able to express how you feel to her but with time.

• ouuu you found a chick with gay girl syndrome. Girls who like girls (especially teens and young adults) often have this problem where they get clingy as fuck... You really just need to be honest.