How vital is trust in a relationship? my girlfriend wants me to let her spend one on one time with her ex, should I let her?

My girlfriend and i are together and we have been for a couple months. I dont hang out with girls one on one while im in a relationship, its a rule i made for myself, a way of showing respect for my significant other. I usually asked my girlfriends to do the same, out of respect for me but they usually did what ever they wanted to anyway no matter what i said. My current girlfriend asked me if id allow her to give her ex rides to school everyday, he asked her to, because he doesn't want to ride the bus. They are "best friends". Yes, we are in high school. I dont want to come across as possessive or controlling, but her hanging out with guys one on one makes me.. uneasy, the fact that these two dated a couple of months before she started dating me makes me 10 times more uneasy about it. I trust her, i dont trust him though. Maybe im being paranoid? I feel like if i truly trusted her then there would be no feeling of doubt, or worry that she will cheat on me. Is it a good idea to let them hang out one on one?

2mo My girlfriend and this ex of hers decided it was best to just be friends after dating for a couple of months. At least thats what she told me. Still, being paranoid/insecure/possessive? Should i let them hang out?

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, I'd be mad at her if I were you.

What Guys Said 2

• No she's in the wrong. I'd be pissed. I wonder how she'd like it if it were reversed. If she says she wouldn't care then I'd break up with her for being an aloof insensitive bitch

• Stop being insecure. Even if you're right about not trusting him you can't stop him either way