First date rules?

If you were on a date with a guy for the first time and he was super sweet... i mean paid for dinner (150.00 dinner), open doors, fed you at dinner.. lol... took you to drinks after (another 120.00 check) . Paid for your baby sitter ($110.00 for the evening) ... offered to take you to breakfast the next day. But on that date you noticed him texting another girl... saw text n it was clear it was some1 else he's dating. Would you be upset enough not to go on another date? Even if he is literally BEGGING and apologizing. And when i say begging-I mean BEGGING. KEEP IN MIND THIS WAS OUR FIRST DATE. I KNOW HE WAS DATING OTHER WOMEN; HE ISN'T THE ONLY ONE I'M SEEING but I'd never be so disrespectful to text another guy while I'm on a date with him. I don't know if i should give him another chance... or cut my losses.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I go on a date and I like the girl I don't touch my phone, it's a date it's about the 2 of you! Spending money ain't shit if he really likes you, you would be the only focus for the night! You got to think about little things it's not about the money, guys like to flaunt they have cash and spend money on girls for lots of reasons to get laid to show off and yes there are girls that like that shit but if I was out on a date with a girl for the first time and she was on her phone texting I would literally tell her obviously you got a lot going on and you'll never know unless you try and I would take the fuck off

Money means nothing to me... being tested
      Treated right does... :(

Beautiful answer! It's hard now to find good people anymore. I went for a walk around a river with my girlfriend and a lot of people go there it's very pretty and were walking and every couple were walking looking at there phones it was actually quite sad!

Most Helpful Girl

• he just was stupid enough to be caught checking texts from other dates lol seriously who does that..
    But when I'm on a date and my other date texts me I check it too... I know people usually consider that rude and say you should put the phone aside. But I'm really not up for that putting myself 100% in on a date, show the best of me, I gotta impress him good, and stuffs.. Like I will still check my phone I will still answer calls from my friends and family. I would just play it cool.(even I liked my date very much) honestly i do the same when I'm with my guy. we not exclusive yet and we always checks our phones and he wasn't bothered by me doing it and vice versa. If he was on the phone keeps texting back and forth that's kinda rude. But your guy was just checking his msgs.. It should be fine.
    don't put too much thought into it.

What Guys Said 11

• Considering he spent 380$ on a first date I would think he's an idiot, so texting another girl he's dating while with you doesn't seem to be a shock. I dunno, I personally don't like dating multiple people at once, so also not a fan of her doing it. I'd probably see where it goes, but I'd just be open to date other people at the same time then.

• explain why it's more disrespectful to text someone else you're dating while on a date rather than waiting until after? If you already know then it shouldn't be a problem. Their attention is never all on you, even if they aren't on their phone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a one at a time kind of guy. I can't date more than one girl at a time. But if two people are both dating multiple people and they know it, then there really is no reason to be hurt by them putting it out there that they are dating someone else.

Putting it out there vs putting it in your face are two different things. I just think it's basic etiquette... also, i don't want to Date dinnertime
      Someone who isn't gonna be worth my time. If I'm spending time with "him" - I'm spending time away from my child. So , it needs to be worth the invested time.

Putting it in your face, to me, would be more like the girl showing up right there and then.

I would never do that, and I get what you're saying. I believe in undivided attention because that's the best way to get to know someone and enjoy their company. Not everyone is the same though.

• That's really rude, whether or not it's the first date. I don't think I would invite a woman on another date if she was texting at dinner.

He's having a hard time understanding why i won't go on another date with him.

Never apologize, never explain.

• What kind of a guy would do all that on a first time date? Not very realistic

Lol... we'd gone on one unofficial date before and had been communicating via phone -talk n text for about 2 months at this point

• What he did was definitely rude.. no doubt about it. But, you are also seeing other guys at this point, so if you like him and that was his only mistake, I'd give him another chance

• nice troll.

Omg -not a troll.. ugh

i asked my mom and my granny and both of them told me the same thing, men didn't pay for their food. they paid for their own food.

men in my country are looking for an independent woman, not a daughter that needs her shit to be paid by daddy.

Lol. ok...

• No guy in their right mind spends that sort of money on a first date unless they are mega wealthy or have money to throw away or expect sex on the first date as that is getting up there with the cost of a hooker.

I'm def not a hooker. N that's not the first time a guy has spent that type of money on a first date... he is pretty well off but not rich... n sex? Ha! I'm not that easy.

Seems like you are dating high net worth guys so I bet he is an alpha personality too. I wouldn't get all worked up about him messaging other dates as he is prob doing it to get a reaction out of you. Like hey look at me other women are interested in me. The question you have to ask is if you want to play his game?

I don't want to play games... i like him :-( and i dont want to have someone in my life who isn't gonna respect me. I careless about money. I work , so i support myself. Maybe i don't have his type of money... lol... but I'm ok. I do unfortunately like alpha men, but it's becoming hard to find one that'll be worth putting in time. I'm hating this dating crap lol

• Dont know

• Something is seriously wrong with that guy. . . for paying all that money. It sounds more like the woman in this scenario is a prostitute than a decent girl.
    That's ridiculous. $380 If someone even asked me to do that I would end it right there.

I didn't ask him to do that. He did it in his own. I'm a hard working mom... not a prostitute, sir... n that's not even a lot of money to most. Not to sound bitchy, but I've dated guys who've spent more. Where I'm from a decent dinner will be at least 100.00

Probably for her date it was less than he took home that day.

Big cities are most places in America, at least if you consider where the people live. Sarah Palin was very wrong when she said some small town in Virginia was "Real America". Most Americans live in places like New York and LA and Chicago and Dallas and Phoenix and Philadelphia and Boston and Miami and Houston.

• Cut your losses? You got a free dinner, drinks and a babysitter paid for by the guy!

... this may sound shitty, but I've always been with people who have money.. n I'm trying to not date people who think they can buy me. Being respected and treated nicely is more important to me. I work.. I'm not a gold digger

• id think she was a gold digger

How so. I'm not after his money. He did all of this on his own. And I'm not opposed to paying on a date.

Ahhh no I'm not. If i were I wouldn't care.. I'd just keep seeing him in spite of the texting the other girl while out with me. And I'm sorry, but $100.00 dinner isn't a lot of money where i live. N we did the coffee thing before that. So i guess i should say the second date.

again, 100 for a second date?

and, he's talking to another girl at the same time, wtf?

What Girls Said 2

• He was stupid to do that in front of you. He could've at least had the decency to give you his full attention while he was with you or at least wait until you with the bathroom or something. Tough call. If that was his only screw up, then I'd say give him another chance. He did well by you in every other way at least.

• I wouldn't go on another date with him.