Will this escalate?

My boyfriend of 4 years & I had gotten into a heated argument where he proceeded to grab my chest (close to collar bone/neck) & left marks. I told him that it wasn't okay & that I was scared because I had never gone through something like this. He brushed it off as no big deal & that he wouldn't do it again because he doesn't hit girls. I guess my question is does domestic violence start like this? Or was it just the heat of the moment? Like I said I don't know too much about domestic violence & would like to know more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it *can* start like that. Typically abusers escalate.

BUT
    Usually, they start by being very controlling and get emotionally abusive first.

He is somewhat controlling but I brush it off because I'm used to it I guess

Well, I'd pay attention to his mannerisms and go online to research abuse.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it seems like it

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not exactly sure I can picture what he did. Like did he push you?

Kinda of like pinching/grabbing on to me

Ughhh I hate it when a girl pinches me, it's annoying but not a big deal if they don't do it again. If it keeps happening I have to get rid of them.

It was out of rage & he's never gotten that mad before so I figured it was in the moment but then there's that thought of what if this is just the beginning 😕

• It will get worse the longer you stay.

• That is a judgement call.

• As soon as you were touched against your will in many states it can be considered assault.

What Girls Said 0