Guys, do you think it is wrong for a 31 year old guy to date/be interested in a 17 year old girl?

I'm 17 and don't know if i should think that this guy is creepy or not, would like opinions from other guys. He's not a complete creep, he's very smart and mature and has a good job, I'm surprised he would even be interested a girl as young as me, because our lives our so different, he has it sorted and I'm still in school.
I think he is very attractive but at the same time I'm starting to wonder if this whole thing is wrong (I'm still in school, my last year, and I have told everything about me truthfully, so he knows all this)
Also 17 is the legal age of consent where i am, so it's not illegal.
Please share your opinions.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• Wrong? No it's fairly normal to find younger women attractive... but it's not a dating situation. Sorry but no adult would want to date someone your age. I'm only 5 years older and I see a 17 year old as being too young. Anyone in the 30's just wants to sleep with you.

What Guys Said 8

• if its legal its all good.

• Holy just fuck him already, like you sound like you want the ok from people to make the age gap sound better, just do you dude, just know that every choice has a counter reaction so i suggest you procede with caution

• Red fucking flag

• be interested ok date no. right off the top ur not legal and that can cause huge issues legally and within ur fam to say nothing of ur dad starting to frea out on this guy... keep him as a friend what 4 years and then do what u want.

• Dig all his money away:) then in a few year you will be a rich 20 something prettay girl !! Jk that's illegal
    He should be imprisoned for being a creep like that

• Not at all. I was thirty when my wife was 15. The legal age for sex was 17 but its perfectly legal if her parents consent to a marriage as sex with a minor is legal if your married. So thats what we did.

• Historically, that was pretty normal... but 17 year olds were a lot more mature 100-200+ years ago.

• It really isn't creepy at all.