My boyfriend takes really long to text back, what should I do?

So to start of we have a long distance relationship so we only see each other like once a month which sucks. Anyways when we first started talking he would text back super fast but after 2 weeks he kept taking a lot longer, but I just assumed he was busy. Now that we're together tho he takes days to text back and it's really annoying he'll just say "Sorry I was busy" And It's a constant thing. Or he'll take hours to reply and most of the time he just replies with "Lol" or "Ohhhhhh" Which is so annoying it's hard to keep a conversation going with him. Also he doesn't work or go to school and he's rarely busy so constantly taking days to reply is sketchy. I don't know I'm not someone who expects a texts every minute but it's bothersome that he takes days. He's a really nice guy I don't want to lose him but it's like we're barely together. What would you suggest doing?

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you do? Well, first you communicate with him.
    Tell him basically what you are writing here. That doesn't mean you need to get into a fight over it (avoid making the tone harsh) but tell him straight up that you feel he has been distant lately and you'd like to have more communication more. In relationships, a huge part is communication. If it it breaks down, that is when things fall apart. Make your feelings transparent-- it's not like he can read your mind lol.

What I would also suggest doing is doing a bit of a Skype date. That is, pick a day and either call or Skype or facetime or whatever to just hang out. Basically, have a date without actually being in the same place. Maybe you two play a game together online, maybe you watch a movie, maybe you just chill and talk to each other. Having a date set will keep you two interacting. Try to get something more personal than texting. Texting is great and all, but that's more of a small-talk-throughout-the-day sort of thing.

My roommate/friend also has a day that he sets with his girlfriend each week where they just straight up communicate any issues they have in the relationship. That is, they make things transparent and hash things out. It keeps them from breaking down on a continual basis and reforms the walls of the relationship. This thing is, of course, optional, but it's something to at least consider.

Thank you so much this was helpful, I mean he doesn't really like talking on the phone so I really doubt he'll even want to Skype, it's sweet that your roommate does that with his girl. But I should talk to him about it, that can help, in person he's so different in a good way tho but apart from that communicating with him sucks

No prob. Sorry to hear how he's being and good luck 👍

Thanks (:

Most Helpful Girl

• it sounds as if he is losing interest or someone/thing else has gotten his attention. unfortunately most LDRs dont work because "out of sight out of mind". if i were you i would suggest meeting a nice guy in your area. start going out more

Yeah I want to make it work but I don't want to waste my time on something that isn't worth it, thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• Instead of texting use your phone to call him. That is what adults do and why phones were created.

I would but he doesn't like talking on the phone.

Well apparently he doesn't like texting either which doesn't surprise me since most men don't like texting. So bust his balls and make a call. He has to deal with it. That's what adults have to do: Deal with things they don't like but have to.

@Adri_m he doesn't like talking to you on the phone? That's a red flag...

• He's lost interest in you

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds he lost big time interest in you or is going through a rough time. Just give him some time off.

A couple days ago he told me he was going through some rough days but I don't know

Yeah I'll give it some time and see how it goes, if not then I guess he just isn't the right guy

Exactly

• Why don't you call him? That way you can actually have a real conversation with him.

I would but he doesn't like talking on the phone

Well I've never been in a relationship before, but it doesn't seem like this will work. But then again I haven't had a relationship yet. Good luck 😊

Thank you (: this was still helpful though, yeah I'll give it some time and if it's still the same it's just better to end things