Dating has become ridiculous.

How many people think dating and liking someone has become ridiculous. If you like a guy/ girl you tell your friends. Then look at them. The occasionally talk/flirt. Then you ask for there number. Then you go through a long phase of talking and texting. Then you MIGHT go out with that person. All while both of you sit around and wonder if they really like you. How many people think it should all just be simple and if a guy likes a girl he tells her and they date or vice versa. Or would that take the "fun" out of it. opinions? This is just one of those random things that bothers me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you, it's all stupid. It might take the "fun" out of the "chase", but why can't you have fun with the person after KNOWING you like each other and starting a relationship? Isn't that when the REAL fun starts, anyway? When you know there's mutual acceptance and you can go out and explore the world together?

I don't know. I wish there were more girls who think like you. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with you 100%. It is pointless, and there is no fun in it. It just leads to unnecessary anxiety, and wasted time/money. People need to be blunt and honest and make their intentions clear. Far too often, people don't do that. And that is why dating is horrible.

• I disagree. The wondering is part of the fun and it lets you get a chance to know and get a chance to like the other person. Otherwise it feels like a quick f*** with someone you don't really know all that well. I would venture to hypothesize that the most intense relationships go through those pre-dating steps that you described before the actual relationship.

• It is frustrating sometimes

That people expect so much out of you

before you can even date

If it was simple it would be easy

But nothing is easy in life

I know I'm still in high school

But I know that for a fact

• I have to say people rely more on being able to text or using the Internet. This way makes it a longer process which interest can go quicker that planning a date

. If you were out in public it would depend on if the guy has is secure enough to try and be smooth and what your first impression was/is. Plus you can determine by their eyes, tone in voice and body language. I also feel meeting on the Internet first impressions are they are they going to be stalkers or nuts?

What Girls Said 2

• I think it would take the fun out of it.

• HELLO.

... it's not dating it's a game show- I keep expecting the carpet to light up & bell to go ding! ding! ding! or for the less fortunate, who looked too soon or not soon enough- the loser horn ^ ^