Is it a bad thing that I'm so focused in class, one guy sitting next to me double looked at me but didn't talk to me?

A guy looked at me when I sat next to him in class then did a double look. In class I sit like the girl in yellow but my facial expression is more focused like the guy. <see photo below>

I noticed him from the corner of my eye but I didn't look at him. Later at the end of class I asked him if I could see his notes. He didn't seem to mind and was nice about it. We haven't spoke since although a week later I did sit next to him again by chance (I mean I was praying to see him again in class) but that time I didn't need to finish writing down the notes.
I was going to say hi but his friends in the class came over to him after class. A week after that I smiled at him in class and he smiled back (I think or I'm imagining things).

I know I should stay focused in school but he seems like someone I'd like to get to know. Should I continue to smile at him and say hello next time OR just pay attention and let things happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get his number. That way you'll be able to be more focused in class.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not bad, get your education first, the guys will always be there!

What Guys Said 2

• Well you should focus on your studies and talk to these peeps only after class is overrrr

• Smile at him and try and say hello for sure, but don't be to focused on him the entire class.

What Girls Said 5

• You're paying thousands of dollars to warm that seat. If you really want to waste your money staring after boys that's your problem.

• No a focused person means they're paying attention, why aren't they?
    I bet you could arrange a study group though

• Think of it as a shield, blessing in disguise

• Sit somewhere else sp you're not distracted

• keep bein friendly