Am I taking this out of Context?

Well long story short I got into this really long conversation with my girlfriend in which I professed my love for her. She then follows up with "I want to marry someone my family likes." We have been dating for five yesrs and they have never liked me nor given me a chance so I have been feeling like she was just trying to break up with me. I'm not too sure on what to think it has my mind scrambled. It's pretty much all I can think about. I asked her why don't they like me and all their reasons were pure assumptions as I have mentioned they have disliked me since I've met them. I haven't received any good advice, everyone suggests that I should just leave but I'm not down with that. I understand family is important to her, I respect that. I don't think I'm there for them to like me I'm there for her I've always been even when they aren't and I feel tossed to the side after playing all my cards... Any advice at all?

What Girls Said 2

• Is there any way you and you girlfriend can work out a plan to help her family see the side of you that is there to support her? It would be very hard to do alone, but maybe the two of you can change their perceptions.
    If she isn't willing to do anything it might be a red flag for you. They don't like you and she doesn't want to change that.

• Assumptions and over thinking are killers in a relationship. It creates a problem that wasn't even there in the first place. Plus, it prevents you being happy within the relationship

You've been with her for five years so that should count for something. That tells you more about how she feeels about you than that one statement she made.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like she may be getting ready to move on so get as much action out of her as you can while you can.