On a first date, what would you rather do?

On a first date, which of the things below would you rather do?

• Go for drinks
  • Have a dinner date
  • Cinema
  • Walk and grab a coffee
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drink (though I have no problem with my date having a drink or two), I don't drink coffee, and in my opinion dinner dates are best left for a little later into the relationship. Movies are also USUALLY a poor date option, because the most important thing you should be doing on a date - TALKING - can't really be done at the movies.

When I have a first date, I plan it around some kind of simple event that gives us a lot of time to talk to each other. I've done many different things on first dates - some being super simple and others a bit more elaborate - but the focus always being the two of us having "alone time" (but in a public place) to talk to each other. I also try to talk to the girl a while before planning the date, to get an idea of the kinds of things she's interested in, and I decide accordingly.

Some things I've done on first dates:

- walks
    - picnics/BBQs
    - kite flying
    - dog walking
    - bowling
    - shooting range
    - pool (billiards)
    - pool (swimming)/hot tub
    - go-cart racing
    - driving/road trips
    - local live music (bars or outdoor events)

Another thing is that dinner and movie dates are common and can be boring. Doing something different will seem fresh and interesting to most girls, and it's even better if you can tailor it to their interests. It just takes a bit of imagination.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. In my opinion grabbing drinks is what you do once you're dating or a couple for multiple reasons but my main reason is so you don't get drunk and wind up sleeping together.

2. A cinema on a first date is a horrible idea because you're suppose to get to know the person so why one earth would you go somewhere and do something where you can't talk?

The other options are perfectly fine but I think I would go with other and just go for a walk in the park and maybe grab ice cream. Lol so close enough to option D only I'm just not a fan of coffee :)

What Guys Said 56

• Options A through C are so typical and cliché, sorry, no offense intended to those that like them or are traditional or anything

Stuff that just popped in mind are the following:

-Eat Ice Cream and/or Pizza, or both, or go to an ALL WE CAN EAT BUFFET. YUM YUM!!

-Ride bikes together through a bike trail or something like that

-Play Hide and Seek, probably in the park or somewhere that have really good hiding places and if they can't find me or take forever to find me, then that means I already left lol Or if I can't find them, I find something else to do or have already been long gone on my way home, she's too good, way above my level if I can't find her, she's practically the fucking Invisible Woman if I can't find her, so I'll plant my surrender flag and head home.

Discuss and plan a Prank (s) we should do that will really annoy somebody we've always want to get payback on or something or somebody (such as their ex that had cheated or fucked them over) we really would like to piss off for fun, and then make some real fine plans on how we're going to troll them up real fucking good and embarrass or humiliate the fuck out of them in front of the lots of people or something then forever remember that priceless fucking look on their face and have the best time laughing our fucking asses off.

Because, WHY NOT?

WHY SO SERIOUS? WHY NOT SHARE THE LULZ TOGETHER? WHY CAN'T WE BOTH DID IT FOR THE LULZ?

There's always bowling, foosball, air hockey, or just playing poker or card game and a fine game of chess or checkers, and if she wins any of those games, then there will definitely gonna be a second date for a rematch (or rematches)!

• High-speed two-wheeled adventure across the countryside.
    s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/.../...senger-66532_1.jpg
    With me , everyday is an adventure.

Inb4 , she actually comes on a motorcycle and it turns into a road race.
    s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/.../...the-us-78099-7.jpg

• A cup of coffee and a nice walk through the park. A coffee date is the ideal first date because it's cheap (so of things don't work out, you're only put ten dollars instead of 30 or 50), it's low-key, you've probably been there a few times so you can make some good recommendations, and above all, you're not as concentrated on eating food so there's more room for conversation.

• Depends on the time of day, how much I know the girl.

Drinks is what 99% of the people I know do. It helps people relax... plus most dates are in the evening. My buddy was a serial dater, he switched from drink dates to coffee dates as it was easier and cheaper to ditch the girl if they weren't hitting it off. Drink dates get expensive... especially when girls EXPECT you to pay for EVERYTHING.

My first date with my ex... see asked me;-) Was drinks before a Cinema movie. We ended up talking drinking for so long we missed all the showings.

• I'd rather date my hand. Dating doesn't seem to work. Woman, and men judge too quickly. I feel establishing a connection first. Dating just seems to go no where.

• I like something a little active like bowling, pool, or miniature golf, along with eating pizza. I like to have something to do where we can also talk at the same time. Most people like pizza, so that is a good choice when I don't know all of the kinds of food she likes. Plus I'm a picky eater myself.

• A walk through a grassy field, to a shady spot under a tree, with the sun shining and a cool breeze blowing, just talking and getting to know each other

• Other: Sex! 😛

• Have a dinner date, but at home where she and I cook and eat together. This is really the best kind of date and I love doing this with my wife.

• Fuck her.

• First date is just to see if it will go any further so why would you spend much or go to a movie where you can't talk to them? I just go meet up for a cup of coffee and take it from there

• Cinema isn't so bad if you follow it up with Dinner so you can actually talk about the movie.. Though by itself its bad for obvious reasons.

• 2|0

Haha serious? I'd be so down for that --in fact, I think I did that on a group date previously once!

@Luci92 Do you have balloons and doves hidden just in case of major victory too? Lol

Hahaha damn caught out!
      Streamers and confetti too :P

• Walk and grab a coffee is perfect. We can just talk, be ourselves, loosen up and get rid of any nerves early on. From there plan the next date. Cinema to me is terrible because I love movies and I would not go to the cinema and talk to them during it. Going for drinks is like grabbing the coffee except you get intoxicated. Dinner is a weird first date in my opinion.

• I hate the cinema for a date, it's not interactive. You both go and watch the same film, but never really talk... and you leave knowing no more about the other person then when you went in... what good is that?

• Shove my cock in her face, ass, and pussy in that order, then in reverse order, then do it thrice more for good measure.

• Chill in a park and feed the ducks

• I picked coffee but my idea of a great first date would involved a really fun activity, something thrilling and exciting, such as together going on a hot air balloon or go to a rock concert or a reptile expo and touch all the snakes and iguanas! Make it fun and memorable.

• These are all boring to me, if I had to choose one I would choose to walk and grab a coffee. Drinks could be fun but I find that I get drunken easily (usually three pints of beer) and I don't want to come across as drunken.

I'd prefer going for a hike, a session of rock climbing or nice country walk with some packed lunch.

• Something else entirely, cinema is boring and eating is unnecessary.

• I would have a great dinner date, that is when we can have a wonderful face to face communication over amazing food. And yes, dinner lets you digress a lot, she orders something and I can say, 'yeah, I used to love them, when I was a child', and then digress to childhood among various other topics.

• Walk and grab a coffee after work or possibly go to a dry slope or snowdome skiing with her on the weekend just because i like skiing and it shows her something i'm good at.

• Coffee is always a good outting

• I kind of like the coffee idea it would be great to do with a girl I am into.

• Something fun and interactive but will also allow for moments to talk and allow us to get to know each other better and something memorable and something new and interesting

• Psshttt BORING

BOWLING FUCK YEAH

Or laser tag

• Walk and coffee.

• Coffee shop for suuuure! And it doesn't matter if you don't like coffee, stop being so dense there are plenty of other things you can get from a coffee shop.

• The first date is just an interview. Coffee and crumb cake. Lots of talk.

• Go for drinks is what I'd most like to do but I mean drink not plural just one drink

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 44

• The first date, unless you both know each other and REALLY want to go on this date, should be open ended. Do something casual that doesn't have a necessary end time.

Like... what if you plan to get dinner and a movie and before your food arrives you already decide you don't want to see them? You cancel the movie and that's rude.

Drinks somehow implies that sex will be happening at the end (thanks, society). And what if you don't want to put out for that particular person?

The movies... same as the dinner date. Plus, like, you can't get to know each other in the movies.

I like the coffee idea. The date is ONLY limited, really, to the waiting in line to order the coffee. You can either walk and sip your coffee, you can sit, you can get up and leave at any time.

Or you can go to a park. It has no mandatory amount of time. You can go, stay for 20 minutes, or you can stay for 4 hours.

"Drinks somehow implies that sex will be happening" not necessarily and it also depends on the person.

• Anything but go for "C"... Cinema a Few years ago, and with the Movie Being so Bad, we "Made Out" our own, you could say.
    It's better on the First Date to Get to Know your Joe Better by Doing something Where you can Go Face to Face and not Be... Face to Face.
    Good luck. xx

• Walk and grab coffee (I don't even like coffee and I still chose this option!) Going to a movie theatre for a first date does not leave room for dialogue which is important so you can get to know each other. It also puts pressure on being intimate which neither should be ready for considering it is the first date and they probably don't know each other. I think the holding hands at the movies and the possible kiss would be nice as a second or third date when you have gotten to know the person and can then decide whether you want to sit in a dark room close to each other for an hour and a half.

• Walk and grab a coffee out of those. Alternatively I'd like to go to a museum with them which is a great way to spend time together and find out if you share common interests. It's also a good inspiration for more sophisticated conversations and if there's something like a year pass available for museums in your place, like it is in my city, it costs you absolutely nothing.

• Definitely D.
    A wouldn't be intimate enough
    B would stress me out too much (like, you have to eat properly and not stain your clothes and not miss your mouth and stuff haha)
    C is what seems like a good idea but isn't. You can't talk, and if you're stressed about the date you don't enjoy the movie.
    D is the best option to me. It's casual, you can talk, it's not intimidating...

• Walk and coffee.

I am a romantic at heart, so a coffee then a walk under the moonlight would be perfect for me. We could get to know each other better that way , and the setting is less awkward and less formal

This is beautiful, so much romance ❤️
      Don't forget to lay under the stars for a while 😊

@MusicLover8098

Awww yes. A clear sky, gazing up at the stars and moon. That's more enjoyable for me than going for a meal or anywhere else 😊

That is perfect 😊 You are so sweet and romantic 😊❤️

• I voted other. I'd invite him to my place and answer the door in a sexy sheer pink negligee, stockings, heels and my cake face made up sexy. I'd hand him his glass of wine and take his hand and lead him/her into the boudoir and let him/her have me any way he/she wanted.

• Anything where we can talk and get to know each other. I don't need to be wined and dined. Take a long walk around the city or the beach. As long as it's a public area because you never know if the guy you're going out with is dangerous. Same with you guys. A public place is best when getting to know someone.

• On a first date I'd rather grab lunch and sit and talk. Make our way over to some sort of garden and talk and enjoy the sunshine more.

• I like a low key first date, so coffee or drinks is okay with me. It gives me a chance to get to know you in a social setting that isn't too formal. Then, if we both like each other, we can go on a more formal date. But to me, it shouldn't start like that. I know other women who prefer different things though.

• If its the first time you are meeting someone, coffee is the way to go. It can be as long or short as needed. You get a chance to talk and it doesn't cost a fortune. Nobody should waste their time or money on a fancy date for someone they might not have chemistry with

• I think I'd really like a walk through the park and visiting a coffee shop. Honestly, I've never been to one of those, so doing that for a date really sounds exciting. I'm going to ask my boyfriend if we could do that one day. :)

• Go on a terrace with a nice view on the beach and talk.

• Chose walk and grab a coffee, but we can go anywhere in the city really, there's lots to see and do. Besides, you want to be able to really get to know someone and talk heaps on a first date!

This sounds so nice 😊

Don't know why someone would downvote you

No problem 😊 As for me... I just gotta find someone that will let me take them on a romantic date!!! 😊❤️

@MusicLover8098 good luck! I'm sure you'll find someone 😊

• Anything that allows us to talk, so a movie is a no.
    Not a fan of coffee, so maybe lunch or something

• I'd like to go to a pretty park and walk around a bit.

• I would have said D, but I hate coffee so I voted B

• Everyone seems to like coffee and use it as the "go to" drink. I drink the odd cup, but I like tea more. The best date would be wine and cupcakes though. There is a place in New York that does this, called 'Sweet Revenge'. :D

• Walk and talk. I'd grab hot chocolate, though, because I'm not a fan of coffee. :P

• Walk and grab a coffee or something similar. It's something relaxing, casual, and we'd get to talk and get to know each other.

• Sit down for a coffee...

• Dinner sounds pretty good for a first date but also going for walk and doing something outdoors is always fun, you get the chance to calm the nerves with the outdoors compared to sitting across someone for a few hours and not moving :)

• Aquarium or museum.

• I would rather just chill with someone, doing something random but fun

• Coffee dates seem like the first date standard. The rest seem like ones you eventually lead up to.

• Go to a carnival or amusement park, just something fun

• Walk and grab a coffee

• Coffee and a walk sounds good

• Walk and coffee!!

• Drinks

• More from Girls
    14