Girlfriend acting distant?

I started dating this girl almost a month ago at college. For the first two and a half weeks everything seemed to be going fine. I was happy to see her and she was happy to see me. Suddenly, about a week and a half ago she said she loved me. I said I really liked her, but didn't yet love her since I find it too early to tell the first month into a relationship (this is my first relationship though). Then, later that week, she started acting sassy towards me, and said she does this to people she cares about. Finally, earlier this week one of her friends became depressed and suddenly she's feeling this way too. I came to support her last night and asked her to tell me how she was feeling and why. She did, and everything seemed better. Suddenly, today she is saying that she wants to hangout with me, but doesn't want to hangout with me in fear I'll grow tired of her. I told her I wouldn't this easily, and then hung out with her in her room before dinner. After dinner I had a tutoring appointment that I had forgotten about, so I dashed over there, and forgot to tell her where I was going. Just now I texted her asking if she wanted to hangout, and she said she did, but she said I don't want to with her. She's acting like she needs me but is giving me the cold shoulder at the same time. What should I do? This is frustrating me because I'm trying to be a good boyfriend, and then she shrugs me off and acts like I'm a bad boyfriend.

Any advice on how to handle the situation would be helpful, thank you.

What Girls Said 1

• She sounds like she's just super insecure. I mean in any given situation u could try to apologize and explain yourself, but at the end of the day, stuff like this will keep happening until she fixes whatever is wrong inside herself

What Guys Said 1

• Man from reading I think she just likes the attention. At one it's almost like you have apologize for having a life