Asking a girl to homecoming I don't know HELP?

I'm am sophomore and I really want to go to homecoming with someone. She knows I exist but nothing more than that. I have one class with her but she sits far away from me. I don't know if it is weird since I don't know here. So I was thinking when leaving class I would get her attention and say this
can I talk to you for sec?
her: sure
maybe take her someone quieter then I say
your (her name) right?
her: yeah
my name is (my name) and I was just wondering if your not already going with someone if you would like to go to homecoming with me?

What Girls Said 1

• This sounds OK.. most girls might be a LITTLE intimidated... but I say go for it anyway... if she says know, at least you won't have to worry about it anymore...

Are you sure it's okay. I thought it might be super awkward and weird

What Guys Said 1

• Bruh. No. Just come up with a cute idea (girls like that) search it on google or think up one or ask one on here. Then use that idea and ask her in a cute way.

I know girls like that but it would be super awkward to make a poster or something like that because I barely know her

What I did last year was get the girl her fav Starbucks drink (ask her friend) then write homecoming with "your name" ?

Then find her at school and give it to her and then ask it