Why is it easier for men to date more attractive women then women dating more attractive men?

A trend I've noticed is that women tend to have healthy relationships with men and they might be considered more attractive than their boyfriend. But I don't see many healthy relationships between men and women where the man may be considered more attractive.

Is it because more attractive men tend to be unfaithful or is it something else?

0|0
5|22

Most Helpful Guy

• i think many women are insecure and they fear that their beautiful boy will be stolen by other girls. but men are naturally ultra confident even when they are not they are more confident than the majority of women so they have no problem dating an attractive woman.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Like someone else said, the more attractive the woman is, relative to the man, the more power she can potentially exert over him. People also tend to get into relationships where they either date down or date up. There's rarely equality in physical attractiveness.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• I'm not sure this observation in general is true... but

Men tend to go for beauty in general, although personality rules for me and as we wisen up we see inner beauty:) Women go for social status, security, feelings of love... otherwise why would 20 year olds date/marry hugh hefner?

If he is more attractive, he probably has more options available and power to choose more. I've seen attractive guys commit, but I'm not an expert in what guys are really attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men approach hot women.
    Women wait until hot men approach.

When you go for what you want, you have more chances of getting it. That's not just dating, that's life in general.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because if the girl is more attractive she has no power in the relationship potentially and some girls take advantage of it. On the other hand if the man is more attractive, he is in a position of more power and she fears he might uses it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Men are physical creatures woman are not so much. For them attraction grows over time. So a beautiful woman might be approached by a guy she doesn't find him hot or the best looking guy but she gives him a chance and then falls for him as a person. With guys it's not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easier for women to get casual sex (one night stands and fwbs) with more attractive men.

However, its easier for men to get into committed relationships with more attractive women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are closer to bottom than top for women when it comes to their considerations about long term relationships.

But partly, yes the attractive males are deemed more unstable and more prone to cheat. Regardles if truth or not, women always have that in mind, and women look for a man to concede to them and to be stable within the commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • wait, what? no its just attractive girls blindly go for jerks and players and just dont notice the nice guys who will love her, and plus the nice guys tend to be clingy and girls hate that. being clingy means a guy really wants and loves her. the same goes for girls even tho its rare. girls just dont want the things that means commitment.

0|0
    1|0
    • 2mo

Tbh, I have rarely seen an attractive guy who doesn't fuck a girl over. At least in my experience. It's always the guys I have to force attraction with that are nice.

• 2mo

well, nice guys are the ones fucked over just because they are the nice guys, and girls just can't see them attractive. so we get heart broken and dont want to go through with it again, we want a girl to prove her love for us. so thats why you feel you need to force attraction. otherwise her love will seem fake. and nice guys have to deal with it.

• Girls pay attention to a lot more, having more things added to the list dilutes each slice. Men do the asking, pay for first dates but for men it seems like most of their pie is sitting in the 'she's gotta be sexy' section. Most desire a succulent counterpart female

This essentially makes female wanna look really good to attract their guys and men wanna make sure not to fuck anything up by crosses all the t's and dotting the i's

0|0
    0|0
  • The average girl is more attractive than the average guy and most girls just don't give near as much shit about guys' looks as guys do about girls'. Hence why 1 side wears makeup and the other has barely evolved beyond a Neanderthal 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Partially right, partially because attractive men tend to be self absorbed and figure as long as he is doing well then she is doing well. Besides the chick is just there for the ride right?
    But what do I know, that is just my opinion

0|0
    0|1
  • Anyone who has an attractive personality is in high demand. Whether it is a man or a woman , they have many suitors. Men usually are more attracted to beauty. Women are slightly different. They want to be protected , loved and cared for. They want a man who shows signs that he will take care of her family. This is more important to women. Men is more concerned about having sex. So the more sexy a girl looks it is better for him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because with many guys looks are most important. And we want hotties not uglies. The really attractive guys that have won the genetics lotto either don't have relationships or are in dysfunctional ones because they don't really want relationships, they want to play the field and get laid as much as possible. This is why people like Ron Jeremy (5000+ notches on his bedpost) are envied by by so many guys so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to judge apples and oranges, plus girls can put on makeup, but in general women are more attractive than men. Men aim for their level or up, rarely down bc they care about public perception of their gfs looks as equating with personal prestige, translation: he wants to show off a hot girlfriend.
    Girls care less about looks overall, so are willing to date below their level, appearance wise, if the guy is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • What is attractive and what isn't depends on each individual, so there's no way of telling who is more attractive than who to another person. From your perspective it may appear that way, but not necessarily from theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different priorities. Men want attractive women. Women want masculine men with money or at least a decent job. If a man is attractive why would he date a woman less attractive. Or why would a woman date a man who is attractive but poor.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are more attractive women than attractive men.
    Men are more visual.
    Men are usually the ones to initiate the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm. What world are you living in? Lmao. Girls always shoot above.

0|0
    0|0
  • than*

0|0
    0|0
  • The guys might be less physically attractive, doesn't mean they're not attractive.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Another reason is because when you're forced to approach people (it's expected for men to approach women, perhaps you've heard) you'll tend to get *the best person that will have you.* Whereas waiting for someone to approach (which is especially common among attractive women) is going to land you the *the best person that asked.*

• Women fool around with men who are better looking than they are.

In relationships though women typically trade down in looks to trade up in status/money/achievements etc. And men trade down in Those things to get more from their partners looks.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Because it's easier for us to have casual sex with more attractive men, than it is for them with attractive women.
    It evens out lol

Though it sucks if you're not promiscuous :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I think guys are raised to believe they are more DESERVING of something better, whereas females are raised to cater to a guys needs and be emotional, gentle, etc. also guys tend to fall in love with a woman's physical appearance whereas girls will look at someone and think wow, he's hot, but it doesn't mean they will pursue him. Hard to explain

1|0
    0|0
  • It solely depends on the situation. But my "more attractive" ex is great. He was even back to play at my wedding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Guys Are More Superfical.

0|0
    0|1