Anyone else missing their boyfriend/girlfriend a lot after they left? How do you cope?

I tend to miss my SO a lot, even after months of dating, after he left (we live two hours apart). I just can't focus on anything.. Does/did anyone else experience this? How did/do you deal with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• You do your best to move on. Don't waste your time with rebounds, they will just remind you of what you had.. It just takes time. Try to focus on yourself and the things you want to do in life. Another guy will come along that will leave you wondering what the hell you was so hung up on before :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, all the time. My boyfriend lives about 4 hours away. It's definitely hard when he leaves or when I leave but we both know the distance is only temporary so we make it work. Having good communication when you are apart definitely helps. You can countdown until the next time you see each other. Ultimately though, there's no "easy" way to deal with a long distance relationship. That's why it's best for it to only be short-term and have a realistic goal in place for one of you to move closer to the other at some point.

What Guys Said 10

• Currently dealing with this...
    I had a relationship with a girl who left her boyfriend for me then left me to go back to him without telling me. It sucks, but the only thing you can do is try to stay positive and put other people in your life. Stay active, exercise, start a hobby, travel, and reflect on the situation so that you can learn something from it. Then use what you've learned to find a better guy for you.

• It's been maybe a month since my ex and I broke up. We were together 4 years and yeah it sucks its gonna take time. What I do that helps is just go do things that I like. I've been hiking and kayaking and going to new places on my days off. Having fun with yourself and friends makes a huge difference.

• Simple, I don't do long-distance crap. Tried it back in the day and it sucks. If one or the other can't move closer (ie he's in the military and just got deployed for 6 months) probably better off finding someone that is.

• yeah. how do i cope
    "eh, she never wanted me that much. i have other stuff to do so fuck her"

• move closer.

I'm trying, but I don't have that much money!

then you need to start mowing lawns on the weekend.

• I got super busy and concentrated on fixing things in my own life that I could somewhat control the outcome of. I met new people, took up new interests. I even moved so there was nothing there to remind me of her.

• You need to find a nearby friends with benefits

I don't want to cheat though.

It's not cheating if it's purely physical

Yes it is, to me. I would be really sad if he found a friends with benefits to sleep with instead of me, so I won't do it eithrr.

• When I'm mad i usually chop a few hundred pounds of wood

• Yes, I do. Only time can help.

how much time had to pass?

• media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a9de5d8a38c2.jpg
    Only way I've managed to keep the dreams at bay... after two solid weeks managing no more than two hours of sleep per night I saw no alternative. Doesn't take much, never been hung over the next morning.

That's what I did yesterday, and while it helped, I don't want to have to do it everytime haha

What Girls Said 8

• Well that happened to me and he cheated bc i wasn't there to 'satisfy' him all the time and he thought i wouldn't find out... 😢

• I am still struggling after 9 months... stay busy helps a little. gives yourself a lot of responsabilities.. fall for someone else.

• we talk as much as we can, Skype daily, often call and fall asleep with the call still going, sounds creepy but its really comforting. And most importantly making plans to meet up. Be involved in their life even if you dont see them.

• I felt like that a lot when I was in a LDr. It was hard. I see my now boyfriend everyday so I don't really know what it's like to miss him.

• To be honest I coped by getting out and having a lot of meaningless sex! Loved it

• can't say that i have. I've always been too independent

• Yes and I don't cope

• I get to see him once a week these days so that means that I miss him like crazy.
    Sometimes we text all day long and it makes me feel a little bit better