Girls, Why do people say looks don't matter when they do?

• They be lying
    72% (89)
  • They don't
    28% (34)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks matter a lot.
    I don't care if other girls don't find him attractive, but I have to personally find him attractive. I can't imagine myself getting physical with a man I find unattractive.

What Girls Said 22

• looks do matter but they are by no means the main factor of deciding to be with someone

• I don't think many people actually say looks don't matter at all... but looks are less important than other things. Like, I won't be with a guy I'm not physically attracted to, but I would choose a guy who's a genuinely good guy on the cute side of average over a super hot guy who's an asshole. Or if they were otherwise equal, I'd choose a guy who was average-cute but who I have a lot of interests in common with over a guy who's better looking but boring.

• They like to comfort you.

• Honestly, that is such a lie. Guys, don't listen to us. We are tryna act like we are humble and stuff. We all know looks matter. Girls, please stop.

p. s: this is not all girls, just some (most).

• Cuz they're big fat liars lol

• They don't matter as much as personality.
    In my opinion, looks only attract you. The way you keep someone is by having a good personality. It doesn't really matter if the person is the hottest person on the earth or if they are average. If they don't have a good personality it won't last.

• for me, looks are definitely not the deciding factor. yes, looks matter. but for me that's not what draws me to a person, it's their personality. their hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. so yeah, if someone is like really unattractive to me i will not pursue, but i wouldn't take someone just for their looks

• I don't know why people would say that, but yes, they do matter a lot to me. It's the whole package actually - looks + personality

• They DO matter, but I think in the grand scheme of things, your personality matters more cause if that sucks, you suck.

• Im more of a personality person but I wouldn't say looks don't matter. I mean the looks of a person shouldn't affect the opinion of the person, but someone that takes care of them self is always a good thing. But people that let their looks make them an ass is not good obviously xD

• They're not the most important thing and shouldn't be the most important aspect when getting to know someone

• For me it doesn't have to be a physical attraction, but there has to be that "spark" whatever it may be.

• i would personally love a good looking man (duh) but I've met guys that are quite plain and not even my type at all, but i had some weird feelings for them because they were so funny and just fit me right:)

• The thing for me is... When I like someone I see them in a better light. If I like you, you can look like shrek and I'll see you as a beautiful person

• Because in the long run, if you're butt ugly but they get to know you and they like you then looks dont matter and its who you are on the inside. but if you just meet someone for the first time and are hitting on them, all they notice are your looks. looks don't matter when you know the person. but first impressions are natural

• Looks aren't everything. Honestly, you fall in love with a personality... looks fade eventually.

• It's only part of it. Yes looks matter, but they're not everything. It certainly helps, but I would much rather have a hard working, caring, smart respectable man with average looks then an extremely good looking asshole.

• looks are the hook
    but personality is the lock and key.

• Tbh the definition of " attractive" varies, I like something else, and out like something else

• Many of them lie. I for instance, rarely focus on looks

• That's just mskmethungnus ugly people say so we feel better about ourselves.

• They are trying not to hurt someones feelings.