I don't love him anymore... What do I do?

My boyfriend and I have been going out for around 3 months, and when I felt the spark at the start, I thought that this could be it. Turns out, that spark has seemed to fade for both of us. We hardly even speak to each other any more, and the conversations we do have last around 20 seconds.

I do admit, I have been caught up recently with school work because of finals etc, but the new year has brought a new seating plan in science, and I just happen to sit beside my old crush, who I am developing feelings for again. Is that bad?

I have been thinking about ways to break up with my boyfriend, but I don't want to hurt his feelings, and I promise I am not going to go after the other guy when we are separate. I will probably give it a month or so to see if I still like him, then take it from there. (I know atm that he doesn't have a girlfriend). I am unhappy in my current relationship, and it is taking a toll on my life. My grades have slipped homework wise, because I normally sit and think. My consistency with Youtube is faltering (I do animations part time for fun), meaning my social life has gone out of the window, apart from my close friends. I really want to break it off but I am worried about his reaction. What if he says yes if I ask him if he still loves me? I don't want to see him cry, but I don't want him to get mad. Help please!

What Guys Said 1

• the development of of feelins for the o. d crush could be part of the reson you dont feel you love him anymore. i sure there is more to it, but part of it seems to be that you have mixed feelins and your not sure as you were.

but your only 17 and still have a lot to experience before you can say you know hat you want. so dont shoot yourself because of one bad relationship its gonna happen 100 more times if not more before you find the guy you will be with forever.

What Girls Said 2

• Just be honest with him. You want to break up. It's not because he did anything wrong. Your feelings have just changed.

• In the end if he truly loves you he would want you to be happy, even if it's not with him. If he doesn't get that maybe it wasn't true feelings anyway. You should be happy, I would just be honest with him but in a gentle way. Make sure he understands you felt a spark at the beginning but you've since drifted apart. I wouldn't ask if he still loves you, his answer would just cause you both pain. He may end up telling you anyway though. Unfortunately there's no way to break a connection like this without resulting in some level of hurt. Just make him feel appreciated and that you did feel something for him just wasn't THE feeling. That would be my advice, good luck!