GIRLS, GUYS, OPINION ON GHOSTING?

I personally think Ghosting is the worst thing ever to do to someone; it just leaves them hanging and doesn't give them an answer right away. it lets the person wait and wait and wait for you, finally get the hint, then begin to wonder what they did to push you away. it just creates so much insecurity and messes people up in the head.

you should NEVER ghost on someone you called your boyfriend/girlfriend (unless extreme situation) in my opinion. but moreso, if you've taken someone out for more than 2 dates and communicate with them regularly, i really don't think it's fair to ghost. a simple "hey i'm sorry but i don't see this going anywhere" is better than just basically ceasing to exist to the other person. ghosting means the other person wasn't even worthy of you "breaking up/breaking things off" with them and that is a sh*tty sh*tty feeling.

so i ask you, lovely girls and boys of GAG. com, what do you think of Ghosting? if you've done it, why did you do it? i'm not judging i'm just genuinely curious as to why people do it, knowing what it does to the other person. and people who got ghosted, how did you react and deal with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never done it, and would never do it. However, I was ghosted by the one girlfriend I've ever had. When I realized that she was ghosting me it was honestly the worst I've ever felt. I thought everything was amazing with us and really liked being with her. We weren't together super long but I still had major feelings for her, and I was absolutely crushed that she left. This all happened about 3 months ago and the first couple months after I was borderline depressed and thought about her constantly, which only worsened my sadness. Its a little better now, but there are still days when I miss her so much and just can't do anything else because she's all I think about. I doubt a relationship with her will ever happen so at this point I just want answers for closure. Bottom line, I feel like ghosting is the absolute worst thing you can do to someone, it makes it seem like you never cared about the person which I thought she genuinely did care. I really think people who do it deserve to have it happen to them just so they know how awful it feels. Breaking up with someone is fine if you don't want to be with the person, but everyone deserves to know why so they can move on too.

i fully agree. that's the same situation basically that i just came out of. and i don't get it, not at all.

I'm sorry that happened. As you can tell I know what you're going through. Hopefully one day you'll get answers. How long ago did he start ghosting you? Have you reached out to him at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Worst thing ever?

No. Not by a long shot...

But it is shitty to do.

What Guys Said 5

• Worst type of person ever. Total disregard to human life

• Terrible. Did it once, felt like absolute shit after. Nowadays I tell girls clearly when I'm not interested anymore

• It really sucks, because it's easier to move on with closure...

I agree with you, messaging or one or two dates ghosting is fine..

but further than that, a friend, an ex... it really hurts...

I'm going through a lot with this girl I fell in love with...

I honestly just want closure, I've always been nice to her...

but the second I want to talk about what happened, she said she was busy and ignored me since...

I sit here, so confused... I have to move on with out knowing really happened and it sucks so much...

I guess there's 2 kinds of people... one that likes closure and needs that to move on... and the other type who can just ignore it and live happily ever after...

Immature people I guess? Just makes me want to cry...

• AGREED! GHOSTING IS WORSE THAN RAPE!

i mean that's a bit extreme LOL but ghosting is still pretty bad

NOPE AGREED "GHOSTING IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO SOMEONE"

BRB MURDERING SOMEONE

• But you don't ghost someone for no reason. Most times its because the person is crazy or something and you just have to get away from them ASAP

oh no that's for sure. or like if the partner is physically abusive and you need to GTFO. but i'm talking in more normal circumstances.

Even in normal circumstances, there is usually a reason. If I go out with someone and they seem a bit wacky, yeah I'm going to ghost them

What Girls Said 2

• Ghosting is the the shittiest thing ever! Agreed!

• Don't let yourself be ghosted. If they start acting distant, take control and beak up with them.