First time dating ideas.

OK so I found this woman on plentyoffish and she accepted my request to go out... And this is the first time for me dating. Well for me I am thinking of going to Earl of Sandwich Restaurant and miniature golfing. But I kind of want a second opinion especially with the activity. Also should we take separate vehicles? And is it customary to pay for her or pay separately? Actually I kind of have a poll. Should I change the activity to bowling? or Miniature golfing is just as good? Any other dating ideas is fine.

Please and Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first date should be a meet and greet an opportunity to get to know one another. I have discovered that when you have too many activities though be it fun for the second or third date it distract in you getting to really know one another. I can assure you there are men who been dating for a year and may not know her favorite color, her favorite flower and her favorite quote. Honestly, just by knowing these few things you know a bit about how she feel about things in her life, is she deep in thinking or just looking for a good time. The meet and greet is like her telling you how to sweep her off her feet. Do something romantic instead of going to a crowded place where you can hardly hear each other from the noise. It is important to seek a place with ambiance, a beach, a pier, a five star hotel lobby and order coffee or tea and ask her is it okay to keep her warm by putting your arm around her. I assure you she will be taken back by your courteous but romantic gesture. Learn about this person then let your next date be a fun date. Oh and once you two have connected she do not care where you take her because you have tugged on her heart and women like that warm and fuzzy feeling no matter what age they are... Best to you...

What Girls Said 1

• I hate first dates. I hate it even more when it's over an hour. Why? because I don't really know him. I suggest grab a drink first for a casual chat. Pay for her drink! If first date doesn't go well, it's cool too because you didn't spend too much on it to find out if it was worth your time. It's like a trial run for a real date, kind of like screening. If you guys get along or like each other then follow up with a real date like miniature golf, etc. By the way, if you are doing online dating...there will be several "first dates"...the cost of many first dates can add up if you actually plan a real date.

• I just finished reading other answers...I would suggest not appear trying too hard by being romantic. It's just weird since you don't really know each other. If I were her, I'd be thinking, do you do this with every girl...? Keep the first date light, casual, and most importantly fun (try to make her laugh). Guys always ask if I want him to pick me up or I prefer to drive myself. I always pick latter just in case I need to bail.

What Guys Said 4

• I've dated several women through Plenty Of Fish as it happens. First dates are best suited to dinner at a median-priced restaurant, followed by a walk. Talking is the key ingredient, as you want to see if any electricity exists. For instance, I often take a woman to dinner (and yes, I pay) at a mutually agreed spot (Thai, Indian, Cajun, Chinese, Seafood) in Orlando, and then stop at Downtown Disney afterward for an interesting walk. Tell her it would be your pleasure to pick her up, however, also tell her if she is hesitant about this on the first date, you understand, and will be happy to meet her wherever is most comfortable for her.

• Your on the right track at least with the whole activity idea instaid of the classic dinner & a movie;

minigolf is great, women generally favor that over bowling, you could go shoot some pool, go ice skating, amusement park, fair, carnival, go dancing and so on.Just have a side activity to do in between talking depending on what she'd be interested in.

Personally I don't pay for first dates and go dutch, I believe I'm an interesting person and that my company is just as valueable as her company.

I'd disagree with goldenheart, being "too" romantic on the first date with a girl you don't know that well, just comes off weird and awkward.. Its more a second or third date thing if you actually feel you want to be romantic with this girl based on more then just her looks and the little stuff you know about her thusfar.

• I don't like minigolf or bowling, I hate skating and don't find amusement parks amusing. So I wouldn't be interested in those things. I always ask to 'split the bill', and on a first day if the guy says yes, I'll accept it (though it does make him look cheap). Though second date, he's paying, cause otherwise I'd start to question courteousness.

If a place is too romantic or expensive, I'd turn it down as a first date. I'm also picky about excluded places if I've never met the guy via POF. If it is someone I know and the trust is there, then I don't mind.

• Of all the restaurants you can think of, you choose Earl of Sandwich, that's going to send a great impression to her, you might as well take her to Wendy's and have her order off the dollar menu.

Pick her up and take her out remember you asked her on a date, so think of a better place or she is going to think your cheap. Now you don't have to spend big bucks on a dinner, but take her somewhere kind of nice.

Miniature golf is ok I guess, I personally avoid a sports like activity on a first date, normally I go to dinner and then go back to my house or her house and watch a movie. Always pay for her dinner on a first date, even if she offers to pay, say don't worry about it, I got this one you can get the next one if you want.

• never been a big fan of activities on a first date. just take her out for some drinks at night, when you're done get a coffee to go and go for a walk to round it off. it's all about the conversations.