Should shy guys do online dating, if so what sites?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most definitely, Yes!

I went out with more shy guys in my edating experience than I ever did in real life and I met many great men through edating.

How else does one at a certain age date except online dating? I guess you can have friends set you up but you only have so many friends and they only know so many single people and then not to add you have the awkward thing of them knowing someone you know so you may always end up seeing this person again since you have a mutual acquaintance... lol! Edating is much better.

It will give you more opportunity to meet women then you would get in real life. And you have the advantage that since they are on a dating site you can presume that the women you are speaking with are interested in dating.

As for what sites, that is something that you should determine with statistics. The best site is obviously going to be the one with the most active female users in your geographical location that are looking for the same thing you want when it comes to dating.

I bet there are many men here that have determined their best odds for getting a date based on the site they use. I hope they share their experience with you.

I think you should definitely do it. How else are you going to date? I mean that question sincerely and seriously. What are the alternatives?

you think I can do that

Well, I guess it should be easy enough to determine if free sites work or not... all you have to do is try. You will lose time but not money so it should be worth a shot? Yes?

Who knows? We won't know until you try. :p

PS: I made a topic asking if people edated and if so, what sites they use. Not sure if it will get any traffic or informative answers but if it does, I will let you know.

I guess so

Most Helpful Guy

• If you use online dating as a crutch for being too shy to meet people in person, then you will likely be just as unsuccessful there as in person.

If you use online dating as a way to be able to more quickly search through and meet people that are compatible with your personality type and beliefs, then you should find it to be a positive experience.

Unless you're like me and incredibly unlucky. I don't log on to online dating very often, but last time I did a woman message me who I would have definitely gone out with, but I must have logged off right before she sent me the message so I never saw it, and by the time I logged in again the next week she had deleted her account. And the time before that, I found a girl who was definitely my type and she was on earlier that evening. I sent her a message, and she's never logged in again since.

Frustrating, but that's how it goes sometimes lol.

What Girls Said 9

• Stealing SomeGuy37 's idea immediately. Already reserved the following domains :
    NerdsOnly. com
    NerdsMingle. com
    eNerdomy. com
    NerdMatch. com
    OKnerd. com
    PlentyOfNerds. com
    Nerder. com
    OnlyNerds. com
    OurNerds. com
    NerdsMeet. com
    NerdLife. com
    WildAndNerdy. com

Yeah but if you're in the same room with a shy guy, he won't need any of those web sites, he should just get ready for what's coming lol

• Heard online dating waw pretty bad unless you go onto sites with subscriptions because it highlights the people who actually want to find someone. Even if you do online dating you will have to meet them eventually so dating in person is your beat bet. However dont hesitate to use online dating sites as a way to refine your dating and flirting skills with women.. when you start getting positive feedback from there you will begin to feel more confident in yourself 😊

• I hear mostly bad results for men. Even the ones who initiate contact with women.
    I wouldn't really recommend it.

And even if you do ask out women, they're going to keep wanting you to be assertive and "take lead", so if you're not ready for that, they're going to be put off or think you're phony or uninterested.

Ah yes, the classic taking the lead struggle... but doesn't a guy being nervouse make him creepy

• No, you should come up to me and say " hey I like you"

• I Don't Think That Is A Good Idea Don't Do It.

• it is better to try than not at all

• I guess they do, any dating sites would work for them.

• Shy guys are fucked everywhere. There's no place for them.

We suck, we just deserve humiliation.

@warrior0345 I don't like Star Wars either, i think it's stupid, i play war games on my Xbox 360 my favorite are the ones about WW2 and i play basketball.

Same story here honestly I haven't gotten a chance to get on a court in a while

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• You should use Tinder and Okcupid.

Girls there are tired of seeking attention from extroverted, big muscle-types that they encounter at the clubs. Their inboxes are full of messages from these men, but they ignore those and read messages from the nice, formal men to settle down with and eventually marry.

They dont look for hookups or attention, or even free dinner. A kind, sweet man who has substance and a big heart is all these girls seem to want.

Since I'm a big stud with bulky biceps and an edgy hairstyle, i dont have as much luck there as the nice guys do.

• online dating is fucking horrible. Its so lazy, and you won't find much quality material on there. You have to find a way to stop being shy and talk to girls in person.

• Match. com worked for me nine years ago, but it's not perfect. Lots of pictures of inactive members -- people who won't be able to read your message unless they subscribe. If someone has been inactive for more than three weeks it's a waste of time to write to them, they probably aren't subscribers.

• Let us take a look at your question first.
    A guy is shy about dating because he has no experience, thusly needing more exposure to dating. The more often you date, the better you get at it.
    Would any increase of dates improve his shyness? If he is learning anything from dating, YES!
    NOT TINDER.. LOL
    Just my opinion

• Yeah, no. Online dating is terrible if you're not a 10/10, I had to quit because I was getting no matches at all and it hurt my ego quite a bit. Now I just stay away from those apps.

• Why would being online make a difference? If you are shy that will be a detriment no matter what and no matter where you go since you have to eventually get the balls to meet them and talk to them sooner or later anyway. Learn to enjoy being single, I got used to it after about a year after my last breakup (now in my 11th year and will be on my 12th after October).

• So many options.

There's the normal eharmony or match. com. There's elite singles if you want to shell out the money. There's gk2gk. com which you might find a better match based on your username.

• Whether you are shy or not shy , online dating is possible. In fact they have more advantage in this type of dating.

• Only if you are good looking.

As for sites just look around at a few of them and see what is popular in your area.

• I'm shy and I might give it a try

• No they shouldn't, because they would be too shy to ask a girl if they can talk to them online.

• WoW roleplay servers.

• only dating sites come down to your looks. if you're not a 7+/10 you won't get any messages

• I m curious too :)

• meetzur, coomeet

• Try online, it can work. Just only use pay dating sites so you don't get so many messages from scammers and cam girls.
    Wait until you have 10 or more people in your favorites list before subscribing, then message them all and decide between the ones who message back.

• No!!! Unless you are a 10!!!