Feeling neglected and unloved in relationship with boyfriend. Is it justified and what should I do?

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 7 months now. The problem is that I have to initiate everything, from texting to calling to asking him to meet up. He tells me to text him first but it's getting tiring and it's starting to feel very one sided. We only see each other once a week even though he's free most of the time because he says he's lazy and there's nothing to do outside anyway but we haven't met for the past 2 weeks already and when I asked him if we are gonna meet this week he says "maybe next week". Also he wants me to tell him I love him first before he'll say it back. It really feels like he doesn't care about me anymore and I just can't stop thinking about it. Also i have never met his friends and his family doesn't even know about me. It doesn't even feel like I'm in a relationship. What should I do?

2mo Thanks for the replies anyone. It just wasn't working out so we broke it off.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I didn't know better I'd say this was about sex. The once a week you see eachother, do you always have sex or do something sexual?

No we don't, we both have conservative Asian values so we will only have sex after marriage.

Eh. If that's the case, I'd be thinking new relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh wow, I would definitely feel the same. Sorry but he sounds like a real jerk. Something is definitely up with him. Relationships are 50/50. He needs to show u the same amount of caring as you do for him. I had the same issue with my guy. He got in this state where I would have to initiate everything. He isn't the jelous type and doesn't feel the need to constantly be touching or kissing his partner, doesn't matter how pretty she is either, its just the way he is. Anyways, I started getting that attention elsewhere. I stayed up late at night chatting to another man and eventually called it off with my guy. Once my guy found out about this other man, and how this other man was MORE then willing to take care of all my wants and needs, he quickly became my dream man. LIke WOW he's lIke a new man. It's been almost a year since that time and he hasn't slipped up once. Sometimes all they need is a little scare that they could lose something valuable and sometimes it takes something drastic. My advice to you is go longer then normal without texting him... take your sweet ass time replying back to every single thing! .. eventually he will wonder what's taking you so long. You then reply with, oh, sorry I got busy... make him feel like your setting him aside and treat him like he is just an option. Slowly wean yourself away from him and be "conveniently" busy, all the time... make him think it could possibly be someone special stealing your attention. If that doesn't catch him, then it's possible he just isn't into you. It sucks to think that but don't get down on yourself. Some guys are just shallow and think they are better then everyone which it seems like this guy is acting like he's better then you and having you at his beck and call. You are in control. Don't let him be. Good luck. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• You need to talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel. Tell him how it's very one-sided and you feel like his neglecting the relationship. Approach him about it carefully, because you don't want to come off as if you're verbally attacking him. If he doesn't take anything on board about what you've said, then he doesn't care. If he acknowledges that and notices it all and he tells you why he hasn't put in the effort, it's him acknowledging the way you feel, so fix it at that point.. together.

• I don't think this is a good relationship- it doesn't sound like he's devoted to you or even really interested, and almost as if he's using you for an ego thing.

• Sounds to me like he's not invested in the relationship and really doesn't intend to be. He gets to have the benefits of a relationship, including hanging out when he feels like it, without any actual effort on his part.

• Well hun if it's feeling one sided either talk to him and tell him to make more of an effort then back off or you need to decide if it's worth continuing

• Follow your heart girly

• I dont think he really wants u. My best advice is to leave and find someone who will show u off and appreciate u