Ok. If 'smart is sexy' why am I the bottom of the barrel?

I am an all Honors/AP student. I have an IQ of 159 according to the WISC-IV test i took 6 years ago (iq cannot really go down). I have taken the SATs twice already, got a 1670/2400 in my 8th grade year. I just entered my sophomore year of high school. Yet i see that the girls do not care for smart guys like me but only the cool ones. Do they ever wakeuo and realize that those people will fail while ones like me will be actually successful in life? Or am I condemned to life at the bottom of the social totem pole due to my nerdism?

Most Helpful Girl

• People are attracted to a variety of different things - looks, money, personality, beliefs, and yes, intelligence. The thing is, high school is probably the worst place to learn this. Everyone is all lost in hormones and drama, meaning the popular guys get the popular girls, and everyone else is left to the curb. It's just one of those crappy things that will never change.

My advice is this: don't sweat it at such a young age. Relationships people have at this age almost never last, and it becomes a drop in the bucket. Once you get to college (which based on you're IQ, I'm assuming you're headed for), you will be around a many more people with a huge variety of backgrounds, interests, beliefs, smarts, etc. You're a lot more likely to find a girl who is looking for someone like you. What's better, many people have gotten more mature at that point, meaning they're free from the drama of high school. Sure, you'll still have pockets of the same mentality, but it's not the hormonal cesspool that high school romance is. Right now, focus on you, doing the best you can for your education and your happiness.

This opinion by far has been the most helpful so far. The college I plan on attending is massive, with a student body greater than 60,000. Only problem is that is is almost 60% male, I believe. Although I may be mistaken with that statistic.

Thats so sweet!! Good for your parents :) i guess your right. You know, i was once in a fishing tournament, when i said ," but only one in 600 casts catches a fish!" Just at that moment a fish bit on my line and i caught him. He was small but he did his job of disproving my statisics XD

You don't sound insane, just worried. It's normal - we've all been there. We worry about things that we can't control or know, and think about what the worst possible scenario is. I still catch myself doing it a lot. I've learned to live by this phrase: Control what you can, accept what you cannot. Take looks, for example. There's just some physical aspects of ourselves we have no control over - our facial structure, our height, our breast size (though I don't imagine that applies to you...). There's just not much we can do about those things, bar plastic surgery or other extreme measures. Few people will be extremely lucky with those things - we have "averages" for a reason.

However, there are things in our everyday control that we can do to improve how we look - keeping clean and groomed, eating well and exercising, and dressing in a way that flatters us. It can make a huge difference. Always working to improve what you can goes a long way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because smart is sexy as long as you have a lot of other traits with it. If your ugly or narcissistic or rude and smart then that intelligence isn't going to help you, its a support not the foundation. Also ego is a massive turn off for more people, I mean your casting judgment on people you don't even know by claiming your going to be successful and they will not because why? That's not a good attitude to have. If they didn't do anything to you why hate them? Your not going to be successful because your smart your going to be successful if your a hard worker know when to take action and to take a chance get lucky etc. Success isn't about what is deserved how smart a person is etc. their are many factors (otherwise things would look a lot different if success was based purely on merit). That isn't to say you won't be, its just that's a bad attitude to have, those guys might have something you don't, maybe their good people maybe their funny maybe their charming you should learn from them see what makes them tick before judging them, maybe you will get an idea of how to make yourself more appealing to women or maybe you will just make a friend (or find out that you where right they where a dick). Just do your thing be genuine don't hate some one for what they have because resentment isn't attractive and just be you because the only woman worth having is one that wants you for who you are. Eventually you'll find some one (you still have a lot of time so you shouldn't be all that worried)

What Girls Said 6

• Thats because you're still in high school. At that age all girls want is to date a cool guy so they can feel better about themselves because they are super insecure.

And TBH now that I am in college (I am in the honors college at my school) and there are nerdy guys everywhere that I am IN LOVE WITH THEM ALL because they are so smart. For example, there is this one that is in a light savers club and I thought that was just the cheeky-ist thing ever, he's smart, good looking and now I am officially crushing on him. So don't worry just keep studying!

• Well first of all most people are too young to date anyway so slow your roll.

And like high school isn't the best time for smart people to date anyway. So no worries.

What? Too young to date? People in my grade have lost their virginity five times over and smoke weed every day. As a matter of fact, when my coworkers found out i was against drugs they literslly said "your weird." (im 15, have a job as a lifeguard. You can choose not to believe me but im not lying)

It may seem that way right now but I'm telling you that in real life most people aren't dating and aren't doing drugs.

As I have no other viable sources, I believe you.

• No, smart isn't sexy. Being smart and sexy is sexy. Do you think Rosie O Donell would become attractive to most men if she were to earn a PHd?
    Nope. But it'd definitely make someone like Mila Kunis or Scarlett Johansen all that more desirable.

• There's more to being attracted to someone than just being smart. People look for many qualities in a potential partner or even friend.

Being smart isn't really something I look for in a guy .

• you have to be smart, funny, kind, etc and good looking. You can't be shitty and/or unattractive and still get girls. Not saying you are but food for thought

Could yoh please explain to me how i could be those things? I am almost certain that i am a bland, dull person who comes across as someone who does nothing but study, which is not what i am. Please help

socialize. Talk about things you like and things they like. Go to a party and meet people

Parties? I'd have to get invited first... :P. Thanks for the advice though!

• Yo... chill

. I'm just kind of... upset. and i probably do need to chill.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm pretty smart too. I get nearly perfect scores on standardized tests. When I was in high school I felt the same way you do now. I was completely wrong about a lot of things, so I'll tell you some things I have learned. First, it's very arrogant to think "those people will fail while ones like me will actually be successful in life". There's a lot more to being successful in a career than doing well on tests. And there's a lot more to being successful in life than earning a high salary. For example, I'll take a happy home life over any amount of money. And it's definitely not the case that "girls do not care for smart guys like me". Smart girls love smart guys, but people including girls do not care for others who put them down. Your quick intelligence is a useful trait, but there are many other abilities that are also valuable like persistence and charisma.

When you learn to value others and treat them with courtesy and respect, you will have no trouble attracting girls. A good start would be for you to just try to learn the name of everyone in your class so that you can greet people by name. Take it from me, girls LOVE this.

• Don't ignore hard field data in favor of popular assertions.

Could you imagine a world where intelligence was the principle trait of human attractiveness?
    http://wallpapercave.com/wp/9BSuCkH.jpg

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE

• Extreme high intelligence such as yours generally disqualifies you from a large percentage of the population, not as a negative towards you but as a qualifier that moves you to another level. Women will disagree all day long about the reason but the greatest indicator of attraction and reproduction are your average position on social and intellectual bellcurves. Those at extreme ends have less people that find those traits valuable to producing a child that will stand at the top of the curve with their parents.

The issue with this is that with the 5-10 point IQ shift between men and women makes the whole situation more complex yet. That said, don't worry your pretty little head about attracting an average girl, find someone extraordinary and get her attention, once you have her never let her go. It'll take some sociological study and practice along with failures along the way but you'll figure it out man, you've got plenty of time.

"If you're not failing, than your not innovating enough," -Elon Musk

• I don't believe you have 159 IQ due to the fact that you can't even properly format a sentence, or use correct grammar. That's not to say everyone who doesn't put unrelenting effort into their grammar on the internet is dumb. Having said that, someone with 159 IQ would do this effortlessly. You would make up like.08% of the world's population lol.

Its called 'I'm typing on a mobile device and I didn't realize that I was being judges based on the formatting of my query.' But you are right about that percentage. 159 places me at around 99.912 percentile, which is about 0.8 percent of the population.

• Most girls your age are irrational and act stupid.

Just wait until your in college dude.

Believe me I used to be single, but then I dated this one chick.

It lasted for a week, but It was because her parents were from El Salvador and they didn't accept me.

Just wait til college.

• Ok. If 'smart is sexy' why am I the bottom of the barrel?

Do I really need to spell it out for you? LOL
    What is the difference between genius and savant?

Just my opinion

• Because it's a big fat lie especially for how men are perceived. If you get rich as an adult then you will be sexy.

• tahts' not smart.. that's bragging... and bragging isn't sexy.

• cuz u a kid boi. being smart doesn't matter for you yet.

• Being smart doesn't help your looks though or your personality.

• Bring your fat ass to the gym

Blunt. To the point. Accurate. Somebody give this guy a cookie!

• Not everyone likes Sheldon, and 1670/2400 is not a good score.

To be fair it was 8th grade. Do you know anyone who has taken the SATs that early and gotten a score better than 53% of college bound seniors? Well you just met one. Me.