How can I get back into the world?

I've lost years of socializing. I didn't get my high school period and i never really discovered who i am and what i want. I am 24 now i barely have any friends and i never had a best friends or close friend or anything like that. I had no stability and now i am completely alone and lost. Never had a boyfriend either. How can i enter the world again and discover who i am?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know exactly how you feel. I had plenty of friends as a kid but then somehow most of them moved away when I was around 12 and I never really made any new friendships with people I could call my buddies. I didn't really have any teenage years to speak of - never hung out, never went to parties, have only been to one real party throughout the entirety of my teen years. In fact, coincidentally so, this morning I woke up an hour early because I had a stupid dream that was exactly about this subject - about me lacking a closure to my childhood and an entry in to pre-adulthood. Fucking sucks man.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly the only thing i can say is push your boundaries. putting yourself out there is always pretty damn scary, your constantly faced with the fear that you're gonna be judged especially when you've been so antisocial for so long. But the only way to get back in the world is to do exactly that dive back into the world. One of my favourite sayings is "Fake it til you make it."
    so even if your not comfortable talking to all these people pretend you are. Fake your smile. A smile is your best asset. It draws people in. I've found that even in situations where i wasn't comfortable if i can pretend to be comfortable in them i soon find that im no longer pretending.
    Goodluck my friend.

What Guys Said 4

• Was hard for me too. Just start doing things and things will happen.

Take a cooking class
    Volunteer for some event and help people
    Talk to older people, they are usually very friendly and crave someone to talk to
    Join a bicycling club or walking or running or hiking club, and get physically active and fit.
    Go to church, they have various social groups and there are usually some nice people
    Join a networking group about work.

Everything ever done was done by taking a single step! Every little bit you do will help you and over time, these old memories are supplaced by new ones... hopefully good ones. Imagine that... you go for a walk this weekend with a group... you can think about that instead of what you haven't done!

• You need a good man an online friend to spend a lot of time with and teach you about life and guide you so you. can get back on your feet.

• it's too late for you sorry :(

• Just do the things you like to do... like sports or join an organization that does volunteer work and you will get to meet people. Its easy... take the first step and talk to someone

What Girls Said 1

• There are lots of lonely people in the world. You're not the only one. Get out and join some classes or activities you enjoy. Talk to people. Don't be afraid. You can do it!