Dating out of your league, does it really exist?

Guys, do you ever feel like a girl is too pretty to go out with you, so you don't ask her because you don't want to get rejected?

Girls, do you ever feel like a guy should feel extremely honored to be with a girl like you because you’re usually out of his league? Like, he should appreciate you more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it does, it's not that uncommon to see a pretty attractive woman dating a fat guy mediocre looking guy for example. Sometimes guys date lower too, I think that anyone who will put looks before personality when it comes to dating is gonna have to get really lucky if they want to find a meaningful relationship.

And I consider myself attractive enough, so I don't really get that insecure about how I look. And even if I did I wouldn't let that get into the way of me approaching someone, you should never feel that someone is so much better than you that you can't even compare.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've gone out with guys who say THEY think I'm out of their league before, though it's not something I really think about them. Like I've never looked at my boyfriend and thought "I'm too pretty for him" or anything like that, that's just vein. I do however, wish he would appreciate what I do for him more and do more for me. I'm not saying he should constantly be buying me things or taking me out on expensive dates 24/7, it's just that when you have to ASK your boyfriend to act like your boyfriend, when he barely shows you affection in public b/c he's worried more about what other people think than what you think, and he won't hold your hand if his palms just a bit sweaty, & he barely puts in any effort for you.. yeah, that kinda makes you question things. He realises now how badly he's treated me and feels bad for it. Since he feels I am so nice to him (though I don't think I always am), he admitted he's always thought I'm too good for him and that I can do better, and says he has treated me like shit and feels bad for that. He still seems to want to stay with me despite saying all that though, he always gets upset to the point of crying if he thinks he will lose me.

What Guys Said 27

• I haven't really had that happen because I am of the mindset that you have to be confident and just go for it, rejection sucks but it's better than not trying. I think some people certainly are scared away from trying because they view someone as out of their league though.

• Leagues are just creations to keep attractive people away from the ones who think they're ugly. So, anything can happen, not approaching or asking out because of this league thing is pointless. We all should take our chances.

The concept that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder itself makes this league story get pointless or extremely relative.

• i don't believe in the idea of dating out of your league. it sort of subscribes to this notion that different people have different values, generally on rather superficial qualities (appearance, money, jobs, etc)

• who created that stupid every hot girl should date in their league crap.

That is the reason why I hate some of these stupid ass females who can't get a man still today.

Becuause they're trying to expect the unexpected and try to flirt with celebrities on twitter.

Becuase they think they're hot.

I think people who follow that every hot girl should date hot guys are stupid.

Becuase what if the dude doesn't have money or a job, and just wants to smoke weed all day.

Will the girl still date him since he's in their league.

• I really haven't seen a girl out of my league per se, but I tried to get with a girl on my level and it just didn't work out, she demanded too much and I was like naw, usually I go for girls below my league as they feel more 'honored' like you say to be with me so I don't have to put in as much on my side (being an extremely busy person I am, this is a plus)

usually if a girl is out of my league I'll just say fuk it and still ask her out but expecting rejection, and usually I get rejected but at least I can say I tried lol

• Social strata and differences are VERY real.

• to say that leagues exist is to say that there are different classes of people in society. but only such classes dont exist and we supposed to be all equals.

i personally believe that if you believe in leagues that they exist for you because you believe in them. this does not mean that it exists for other people. believing in such a thing lowers your chances to find i partner too.

• No, if I like her I'll ask her out. There is no league. That's just something people say to avoid asking someone out, that way they don't feel so bad.

yes, there are, and you're not man enough to accept that there are differences.

@corbynHALTZ it's not a belief, it's a fact and you're on here telling a guy only pussies believe in leagurs, but now all of a sudden you're all for it. Boy

it is a belief, it's my opinion. why do you say i cannot make it? a normal-minded person would probably have desisted now, but for you both of you get pissy... hahaha. do both of you have asperger's too?

• I don't think it matters to me anymore because beautiful women have rejected me to the point I have no soul left. It's not rejection, it's the harsh rejections that hurt but am becoming immune to them also.

• Nope because as cliche as this sounds, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may be attractive to one may not be attractive to another.

• Why can't it be the other way around?

• nope i never felt that way before

• yes leagues exist its the reason people dont date randomly however high status or money means you can ignore leagues.

• Don't care, as long as she likes me thats the only thing that I care about. "Leagues" are stupid and honestly don't matter as long as the feelings for each other are mutual.

• I can date a girl out of my league as long as we accept each others ways of life and not judge one another.

• yes. but looks is just a small part of it... it's more about her social standing and other things

• I use to think that way, not any more.

• I don't believe in leagues

• Guys, do you ever feel like a girl is too pretty to go out with you, so you don't ask her because you don't want to get rejected?

Yeah it happened to me. You can date someone that who isn't in your league but its rare.

• its more about social and fiancial league than looks

• Yes it happens but it mostly depends on the guy's confidence level. Well it happened with me, I didn't ask this girl out just cause I thought she was "out of my league" later to find out that she did actually liked me.

• Every girl is too pretty for me. No women like ugly men even if they are ugly themselves.

• girls are inferior. Guys are superior!!!

• yes, it does. i don't see why it's so wrong to believe.

• yea, i never ask beautiful women. Its too intimidating and i prefer someone on my level. I tend to ignore beautiful girls... waaay out of reach

• League exists, but in most cases it is not powerful to affect dating decisions.

• yes but more like the chances too low compared to the effort

What Girls Said 4

• In a sense, yes leagues exist.

It's been proven in studies that most people choose partners generally of similar levels of attractiveness, socioeconomic background, race, etc. We do classify ourselves even if it's subconsciously and then look for those who are in those classes.

So there's plenty of guys I feel as if I would only have a chance with if hell freezes over. And if a guy I feel is much more attractive than me is attracted to me I honestly feel like it'd be hard for me to date them bc I'd be insecure.

As for your question for the girls, I mean my ex boyfriend.. everyone told me I could do a lot better, and I'll admit I probably could "do better" in terms of finding a more attractive guy, but I never thought he should feel "extremely honored. " that's kind of petty. I was with him bc I loved him, it wasn't a charity case. If you feel that way about someone you supposedly love I don't think you're ready for a relationship.

• Lol no. I'm not a Queen or a Princess. And guys are just guys. I've dated ones I didn't find attractive at first and guys who were so gorgeous they had a trail of women after them. They are all guys at the end of the day.

• It doesn't to me

• You didn't ask if there were any guys we felt were out of our league?

There was a guy I fell for a few months ago who I knew was way too good for me.
    I still really like him, but I stay out of his way because he's so sweet and so lovely, and he just deserves better.

Do I think I'm out of anyone's league? No

It's weird, I don't think anyone is out of anyone's league, but there are plenty guys who I think are out of mine.

@Aweir right? That's why I said it was weird. I do it all the time.

I always say I don't think there's such thing as a stupid person, just a person who hasn't been given a chance to reach their full potential... yet I know full well I'm stupid.
      I know my limits though, that's the difference, but it still sounds like a contradiction.

since sentimental crap there...