Why would my boyfriend say such off and insensitive things? Does he mean it?

We are back together after being broken up for 9 months. Prior to the break up we were together for 5 years. He dated around during the break up and I didn't, I am currently working towards my resentment. I just couldn't move on as easily as him. He called me and we reconnected again.

We were talking about redecorating his bedroom (we don't live together) and he said. "My bedroom needs to be presentable for the women." Then he changed it to "Presentable for me." I didn't pay it any mind because I didn't want to start any arguments.

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite what he says what had happened during the breakup, I suspect he wasn't getting laid as regularly as he would have liked. You are now the void being filled (sorry, had to use that pun). He is still looking at his options while biding his time with you. If he was excited about your return, that slip up would have never, ever have even been on his mind. The slip was him revealing his true agenda.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit him down, @w1w1sfafsa and make Sure that when this Bedroom is Done, hun, being 'Redecorated'... That it is for Two birds of a Feather who are going to stick Together and Not for some other Slick Chicks in this Nest.
    He may have had a few who have "Visited" here, dear, which is why he is Doing a makeover. However, it is easy to Slip up when for these '9 months' you both were Apart... And Now are back together in Heart.
    You both have His and Her History for '5 years.'
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• That is a serious dickhead move on his part. He probably thought he was being funny. I would tell him how it made you feel, that you're working on being less resentful, and ask if he thinks that's helping.

Ultimately, your relationship failed for a reason. Is this how "the one" treats you in your deepest longings?

• you're going backwards. life doesn't move backwards

What Girls Said 1

• That might have been a slip up but I would directly ask him if he plans on being there long term (marriage) or is he just wanting to "date" again.

Can you send me a private message? I would like to ask you some questions.