Do you really think that someone who has had relationships are more knowledgeable about how to love you?

I used to believe this.

• Yes I do
  • No I don't

Most Helpful Guy

• they should be, but it doesn't mean that they learned anything. some people go around and repeat... jumping from person to person... trying to get someone to love them and they don't learn or grow. someone can be 50yrs old and just starting to understand themselves, heal their wounds so they can actually love someone.

most people get no training, they don't read books on how to love, where is any of this taught? Church somewhat, there are a few classes I've seen (mainly via churches or singles groups).

unforutunately the answer is no...

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Because everybody is not the same. Relationship smart is different than people smart. Just like school smart is different from street smart. If the person doesn't have the desire to get to know me as a person, I can care less how much experience in dating a person has, they are not the right person for me. End of story.

I agree! My husband treated me like I was his ex. It was really hard on me.

What Guys Said 19

• The only reason why i said no is that someone can be in a lot of relationships but still has no idea what theyre doing

• No often times those who've had more relationships are harder to love and let you in because of how those other ones ended.

I totally agree with this, and they treat you as if you were the same as their ex. It's awful.

• Of course. That doesn't mean they will do it though. Experience in anything makes a person better able to handle whatever that task is. I was with my ex wife 25 years. I know a lot more about women, relationships, and making both happier now then before. Talking with other men, it seems women in general just aren't able to let shit go. We never had any 1 big issue. Although I found out now she was cheating for at least the last 3 years. She just couldn't let the little things go. So if you don't have someone that is willing to work to make things right, how much you change the way you are won't make a difference.

• Yeah experience is always better than no experience but knowing how to love you will always be different depending on the person

• I think the more relationships they have had, the harder it is for them to love someone because they will have had more and more bad experiences.

• No, if they had like 4 relationships then they're probably pretty bad at it.

• Nope. Doesn't matter how many relationships they've been in or if they've been in one for a long time. It doesn't mean they make good decisions or have good advice.

• it doesn't mean shit how many relationship they had but the quality in those relationships teach em how to love and respect the person

• No, cause anyone in a relationship could be in it just for sex
    which means how can anyone who just wants sex in relationship
    say they love the person?

• yeah maybe. but thats not true at all.

• No. When I read what I see here, when I see how many divorces there are, when I see how many empty and utilitarian relationships there are in today's world, I think that many people are totally clueless.

• no, because it entirely depends on how that relationship was.

• Nope, we're all different in the specifics.

• Yeah bcoz of experience

• Experience matters

• Yeah, my everything knows how to make me happy :)

• No I don't

• Yes in a way because they are aware of what their emotions mean and represent. They also know what love is and what to look for. Finally they also know what not to look for

• Nope that's like saying people with the highest number of partners are the best in bed

I totally agree!!!

One thing that baffles me is when ones who are super experienced will say someone else is a bad lay when they themselves just sit there and don't communicate what they like while expecting the other person to do all the work.

What they say really just reflects themselves.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I don't think it has much to do with experience. Sure, some people might learn a thing or two from their past relationships but usually I think this is the sort of thing that has more to do with your personality. Players who have been in many relationships might still be selfish and will treat you poorly. Whereas a "beginner" can still love you very much and show it in many different ways.

• Seems like they tend to be more bitter and paranoid. That makes me suspect that they had a lot to do with what went wrong though.

• No I Don't Think So.

• The ability to love another seems to be achieved long before dating even begins. Some want to, some will, some refuse, some never will. I mean before dating age, like childhood stuff.

• I honestly don't know. I haven't been in a loving relationship so I have yet to find out.