Why did my ex get upset me or does he want to move on?

I have been in a long distance relationship with this guy. But he is my very close friend and ex rn because we are not officially together. He was my first love and I was his first love. We always start to miss each other. Ijust can't let him go. I love him like crazy. I was in the United States a few weeks ago and I was there 3 weeks (I have been there like 5 times already) We STILL always cuddle together, he takes care of me and he is very protective. He always asks did I eat and what I ate, did I get home safe, and he brings me food and we go places together etc. We also hold hands, he put his arms around my shoulders and his hand on my lower back and everything so sweet things (I'm sorry that sounds cheecy) I was so stressed out when I got back home in Norway because of work and I said him that I miss him like crazy and how I can move on. I regret that I said I want to move on, because I don't want to. I'm so stupid. I still want to see him again. I also posted one quote about love in Instagram "Fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you. who understands you even in the madness; someone who helps you, and guides you, someone who is your support, your hope. fall in love with someone who talks with you after a fight. Fall in love with someone who misses you and wants to be with you. Do not fall in love only with a body or with a face; or with the idea of being in love" that quote was only an advice for other people and I meant to say that I already found that person. And I meant him, because he is my support and hope and my everything. But I think he got upset because of that quote. Because after that he said me that it's best if we distance ourselves from each other for a bit and he also blocked me on instagram and snapchat. I want to give him space but I just don't want to lose him. I feel myself like an idiot because I always screw up everything. But does he still loves me? Or does he want to move on or is he mad at me

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he could be finding the distance thing hard. Also he might have misunderstood that post because he wouldn't have blocked you otherwise. So if you can still get in touch you should explain what you meant. I doubt he wants to move on but the distance makes things hard and you both will find it difficult and will have to stay strong.

Yeah you are right I think I will give him space and leave him alone for a bit and text him later. Distance really make things harder and difficult :/ but I don't want to give up yet. Thanks for answering, I appreaciate it :)

No problem, I hope it works out for you

Thanks! I hope it's going well for you

Most Helpful Girl

• ... But I think he got upset because of that quote.
    Being Back in your own Country Now Somehow, and having even Said, "I want to move on," all of This has Him probably Thinking here, dear, that perhaps LDR is not for Him after all, and Maybe you Made him Realize with things you May not have Meant, that it is not Meant to be.
    Try giving him Some Space and See if Maybe he will Come back on his Own while You are Home. And if not, you need to then Move on and Focus on you.
    LDR is One of the Hardest to Have and to Up Hold of any. I, myself, probably Know this the Best from the Rest. I still have a Husband out in Egypt that I had Married a few years back, and how Whack... I have not Gone Back to be with him since then.
    It Takes Two special people to Make the Tme and Effort and if Only One is Putting their Best Foot Forward, it can Grow and Go Dead in the water.
    Good luck, @Auora95

What Guys Said 9

• maybe you just need to clarify what hte quote meant. explain that you were really offering advice about finding love based on what you feel you already have

• well what caused this to be your ex, was it the long distance thing? Why did you say you want to move on? He blocked you because I think he is hurting and wants no part of it. Maybe time will change who knows.

Yeah long distance thing, we are still very very close friends though. I said it because I was just so stressed out about everything, frustrated and I missed him so much so that's why mainly. I really do regret it :/ because I didn't mean it. I hate it when I say things I don't mean. Hopefully he forgives me, I will just let him cool down now and give him some space. And thanks for answering :) I appreciate it

been in many LD relationships, I feel your pain

• I'm so sorry it sounds like you really love this guy, but judging by his reaction, I think he is wanting to move on. This is a very heartbreaking story, I wish I could really help you, but in these situations, there's not much you can do other than basically ask him "do you want to get back together or do you want to move on". 😔😔

• I think you should find a chance to tell him how much you two need each other since you are both your first loves.

• maybe he took the message the wrong way... just give him some space...

• Are you sure the quote is the reason? If that's the case, he might have thought that you don't care for him and signalling him to move on.
    I don't like the quote, It's stupid. you can't make yourself love someone it's not upto you.

• I think you two should talk with one another

@saud1998

• You really need to tell him how you feel for him! NOW!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Aww that quote is beautiful and so true !

It seems like you were both so loving and close to each other. Sometime people say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment, when they feel frustrated or hurt. You were probably feeling frustrated because you want to be with him, but the distance prevents you seeing him when you want

He's probably blocked you because he feels hurt at what you said. He made a hasty decision , which I'm sure he'll regret.

All you can do is try to reach out to him. Try to explain why you said what you did. You are the one who needs to make amends, because it is your hurtful words which caused him to block you

Make sure you never say anything like that again. People need to feel emotionally safe in a relationship , by saying what you did would make anyone feel emotionally vulnerable.

I'm sure this can be resolved , if you reassure him that you didn't mean it , and explain why you said it

Thanks for answering<3, I appreaciate that :) yeah and true, I missed him and miss him rn so much and I really was a bit frustrated. But I won't say anything like that anymore, ever again. I really do regret it :/ I'll talk to him later and explain everything, hopefully he forgives me.

I'm sure he'll forgive you after you've explained it to him. When you love someone so much, it can cause you to say and do the wrong thing sometimes. Hopefully this willl strengthen your relationship. I hope it works out well for you both ❤

• You both seem like you're holding back. I feel like you need to have a heart to heart to get everything out in the open and go from there.

• I don't really know what to say about this tbh, @redeyemindtricks if you'd like, can you please offer your opinion on this?

I mean... Drrrrrama! LOL

This guy is clearly going to overreact to just about anything and everything... just about all the time. So, in any relationship with him, OP should be aware that this is a string possibility -- basically a certainty, as I see it.
      If she doesn't know this yet, that's because (1) he's really far away AND (2) she's giving him WAAYYYY too much credit for what he does for her.

OP --
      What I mean by #2, there, is... You wrote this:
      "He always asks did I eat and what I ate, did I get home safe, and he brings me food and we go places together etc."
      Is this ^^ the pinnacle of what this man does for you? Because those are things that ANY friend should be willing to do for ANY friend -- whether they are girlfriend/boyfriend, or just friends.

I'm assuming he must be doing more than just this, if he is inspiring yr continued long-distance devotion?

• How come you guys split up? Why don't you talk to each other about what's going on?

I don't even know why we split up :/ Mutta he said me now that it's best if we distance ourselves from each other for a bit so he doesn't want to talk to me

And he also said that it's best if we don't talk for a bit. So I just feel hopeless and I don't know what to do. I said him that I'm so sorry and I tried to explain everything but i don't know if he wants to talk to me again.

What were you apologising for though? Don't apologise unless you've actually done something to upset him. Distance yourself too, if he's a good guy he'll come and talk to you about what's going on.

• You both need to talk. It's best if you tell him how you feel right away

But he said me that it's best if we don't talk for a bit :/

Maybe ask if you can talk just once? If he still says no, I have no idea what :/