Would you want your significant other to play video games?

Working in the video game industry, I love playing video games and so does my boyfriend. I can't really imagine being with someone who doesn't play.

Is it a deal breaker for you if they play video games? Is it a deal breaker if they don't play?
Let me know!

• Yes
  • I don't mind either way
  • No, It's a deal breaker

Most Helpful Guy

• Different passions for different people, if there are no conflicts of interest then it's fine. The more you have in common the better the relationship will be, if it's the complete opposite of each other in terms of what one person likes and wants compared to the other, as in they dislike completely or mostly don't like nor want what you want and is on some completely different spectrum, then it's not going to end well because the both of you are not on the same page.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like that. I'm a gamer and my boyfriend's a gamer too and it's really enjoyable. Not a deal breaker if the person doesn't game, just a preference tat they'd at least be open to trying.

What Guys Said 24

• Why should this be a deal breaker? I do play too but if you can't imagine your relationship without the gaming together is your relationship not unstable then? Like would you dump him because he quits gaming? Would he do that to you too? Are you not supposed to be a bit more dedicated to each other?

Wow so many questions. For me, I dated a guy who knew nothing about video games and didn't appreciate them at all. Thus is literally the line of work I am in and they should at least be supportive of me working in and playing games. I don't care if he drops video games or vice versa. It's honestly about having someone appreciate you who you are. And games are a huge part if my life, so when someone can't appreciate it then that's when I'd consider it.

Oh I get it. It's your passion and tastes. Yeah of course you have to have stuff in common, I understand. I don't know if it's cliché, but I don't think there are too many girl gamers, let alone those who have videogames as a huge part in their lives. I think you're rather uncommon in this sense.

• It'd be fun to play some super smash bros with her, me using Ness of course, but it's not a deal breaker for me if she doesn't like them because they aren't that important to me to cause me to break up with someone I love. The only deal breaker would be if she's like obsessed with them though.

• If she wants to. I don't care one way or another I don't think. As long as we do other stuff together.

• I used to game hardcore with my ex and it was pretty damn cool. However its pretty much all we fuckin did and it got kind of old. I started to see her like one of the bro's.

• my wife doesn't but it would be kind of fun if she did

• I don't mind. I play video games and I'm studying to get into the industry in the future, but I don't care if she plays or not, though I'd rather she don't play too much, since I wanna do other things than just play video games.

• It would be amazing as long as I got my own time to play my stuff alone as does she, and if she didn't play, she was super cool about me playing. Also what do you do in that industry?

• She does play! We've beaten lots of stuff in co-op mode, we're hooked on Pokémon GO, it's great to have it as a shared hobby.

• It's not a requirement but I would definitely consider it a bonus.

• What they look like has more priority than what their hobbies/job are.

• Video games are one of very few hobbies that I have, so it'd definitely be nice if she shared that.

However, I don't really care as long as we have something in common that we can do together often.

• I don't care.

• Preferably yeah, although I only buy games. I barely ever play them.

• not a deal breaker by any means it would just be another thing we have in common kinda like enjoying the same fast food restaurant or foods. I myself game a lot so it might not be the most healthy thing but it'd be fun.

• I don't mind either way. But she will have to teach me how to play the games. Are the games sexy? Or do they promote love and romance?

• I don't care too much but it could be a fun thing to do on a rainy day.

• yes, i love video games

• Voted A cause it's definitely a plus, but also definitely not a requirement, although it's very convenient for common ground

• Yeah it'd be ideal if they did! I'd love that.

• I would love for a girl to play video games but it's not a deal breaker

• I voted B. Which studio do you work for?

• It's a passtime as much as watching films or reading a book. There's no need to get worked up about it.

• so if you didn't play games, would you be with someone who did?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I'd love it. I'm quite the gamer myself, so a shared hobby would be awesome.

• I'm a gamer myself and quite addicted like when i play the game, I forget everything else. So, would be fair if my significant other could also enjoy gaming. But, if they not, as long as it's no problem with the relationship, I think it's alright.