Girls, is a guy pulling out chairs and opening doors for you etc good or bad?

Will it earn him points? Is he expected to do it or does it just annoy you?

0|0
7|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Opening doors is ok thought not always necessary, if you did it too much it would be too much.
    Pulling out a chair? I Might personally find that a bit ott unless down ironically as a one off, others might feel different though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I definitely think that it's a good thing. I appreciate it when guys do nice little things like that. I try to reciprocate in any way that I can too to reassure him that it doesn't go unnoticed

0|0
    0|0
  • Opening a door is polite but only if he gets there first... no need to run a head or anything -lol. Pulling out chairs is weird in my opinion and would make me feel a tad awkward, so would a guy running about the car to open my car door (unless it's raining and I'm in heels then I'd greatly appreciate it). But dating isn't usually a points game so unless that type of behavior is natural to you I wouldn't do any of it for the points-lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Opening doors is nice, I like that, but honestly if I reach it first Im gonna be the one to hold it open. Pulling out chairs is cool for like a dinner or something, but if he constantly does it then it would probably become a bit annoying.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would very much appreciate it. It's nice to know thar Chivlary isn't dead. That's the type of relationship that I hope to find someday. Where you both respect one another to go above & beyond the norm for the other person. Keep it up!

0|0
    0|0
  • I Think That Is Great If A Guy Does That Shows he's A True Gentleman.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2