Girls, is a guy pulling out chairs and opening doors for you etc good or bad?

Will it earn him points? Is he expected to do it or does it just annoy you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Opening doors is ok thought not always necessary, if you did it too much it would be too much.
    Pulling out a chair? I Might personally find that a bit ott unless down ironically as a one off, others might feel different though.

What Girls Said 6

• I definitely think that it's a good thing. I appreciate it when guys do nice little things like that. I try to reciprocate in any way that I can too to reassure him that it doesn't go unnoticed

• Opening a door is polite but only if he gets there first... no need to run a head or anything -lol. Pulling out chairs is weird in my opinion and would make me feel a tad awkward, so would a guy running about the car to open my car door (unless it's raining and I'm in heels then I'd greatly appreciate it). But dating isn't usually a points game so unless that type of behavior is natural to you I wouldn't do any of it for the points-lol.

• Opening doors is nice, I like that, but honestly if I reach it first Im gonna be the one to hold it open. Pulling out chairs is cool for like a dinner or something, but if he constantly does it then it would probably become a bit annoying.

• I would very much appreciate it. It's nice to know thar Chivlary isn't dead. That's the type of relationship that I hope to find someday. Where you both respect one another to go above & beyond the norm for the other person. Keep it up!

• I Think That Is Great If A Guy Does That Shows he's A True Gentleman.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2