How can I prevent my boyfriend from cheating?

Okay let's be real guys cheat. Why? No idea but I'm finally ready to give someone my heart and the idea of them cheating on me almost makes me wanna run for the hills guys what can a girl do for you to feel 100% satisfied and never cheat on her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Prevent him from cheating? You can prevent from cheating, if he wants to cheat he will find ways to do it. Hence in that case the problem would lie with him and not with you. Even if you did everything right he may still end up cheating on you.

Yes there are many reasons as to why men cheat.

Yes, there are some things you can do:

1. Understand his desires and try to fulfill them. Understand what he wants from you and from a partner.

2. Give him your time, give him the importance that he deserves. Make sure that you don't neglect him.

3. Make him feel like a man and never do anything to reduce or destroy his confidence. Even if he not doing something right try to be supportive and help him overcome his obstacles rather than making him feel bad or putting him down.

4. Make him feel like he is the only man on earth you want to be with. Don't make him feel like he is easily replaceable. If you know what I mean.

5. Do everything to show that you only love him. Never try to hurt him by making him jealous on purpose. Never play mind games on him. Why I am saying this is because when a woman tries to make a man jealous on purpose or by playing any other mind games, a man either cheats on the woman or they break up with that woman. Hence never do that.

These are some things that you can try to do. Of course you should do this out of your own free will and not for the sake of relationship. However as I said this is not a fool proof plan and it still may not prevent him from cheating if he wants too.

Another point there is no solution for " greediness" I mean if a person is greedy then nothing will work, nothing can be done about that. I mean nobody can do anything from outside only that person can control themselves. Hence if a guy is greedy, even if he has the best woman then he will cheat no matter what because in that case the problem lies with him and not with the woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if a guy is the kind to cheat, he will cheat no matter what you do.

If a guy is decent, then he will tell you the problems in the relationship so that you can fix them, rather than finding someone else to get what he wants. And if a decent guy likes someone else more than he likes you, he will gently break up with you before getting with the other person.

I don't think there's a way to prevent guys from cheating, as I think it depends more on the guy himself. Like some guys will be uncaring and selfish and cheat no matter what, whereas others will be way more respectful of you. I think the best way to avoid being cheated on, is to get to know someone before you start going out with them, and work out if they seem the kind of person to cheat.

If you are already going out with them, just keep an eye on suspicious behaviour and in any case, judge more on their actions than their words - also if you have a strong feeling you are being cheated on or can't trust him around other girls, look into that.

I used to see a guy who I had a strong feeling that I could not trust around other girls and that he may cheat on me. The feeling turned out to be correct as I found out he cheated on me with one of his "friends".

What Guys Said 18

• You can't stop a cheater. Any quality person will end the relationship before they move on to someone else. Learning to read body language and learning human psychology will help you spot people who are likely to cheat or have other personality disorders.

• you can't stop a person from cheating. you can be a great partner, loyal, loving, etc and a person can still decide to cheat

i just don't think there is anything you can do to guarantee a person won't cheat. you just find a person for whom honesty and loyalty are things they value highly. people are value monogamy and being faithful

• Gotta take risks in relationships, you'll never know if he's good or bad without trying. FWIW, the best cheaters/players can turn on the charm when it suits them so at this point you're basically seeing if you're the one who can tame him and make him commit to you alone. It's all about the risk vs reward tbh.

• Nothing. Cheaters gonna cheat. But, I'm assuming he's had no shady behavior and you're ready to "give him your heart" because he's been just so amazing right? Well, my advice here is that you need to let go of your notion that guys cheat, and don't try to fix what isn't broken. Give him the benefit of the doubt that he deserves and keep getting to know eachother.

Yeah he's really a good guy I haven't seen anything alarming but my friends have told me things about him that he'd deny so I really don't know

So you have a decision to make. Listen to your friends or give him the benefit of the doubt. One thing I'd think about is, is there anything behind what your friends say? Or is it just hearsay and gossip? Then go back to the fact that he's been great.

• A real man knows what he has and doesn't go searching else where

• *SOME guys cheat, much as some girls cheat.

If someone is a cheater, nothing you can do will stop them. This is why you don't date cheaters.

If only cheaters (guys and girls) had a little tattoo somewhere, like the scarlet letter, so we would know who they were before we got involved with them. That would make things so much easier. Because they so rarely admit to being a cheater...

• Guys cheat, that's true. Girls cheat too. Treat him like you want him to treat you. Make him feel appreciated and respected.

• Women cheat just as often as men so stop generalizing firstly. There is nothing you can do. If he wants to cheat he will.

• Never let him go more than 36 hours without sexual release. All 3 openings available whenever he wants. Don't talk too much. Never nag. Learn to cook.

• if you have to prevent your partner from doing that, do you want to be with them in the first place?

• Let him bust a nut every day. Can't cheat if he has no bullets to fire.

• Usually the kind of people that cheat will do it regardless of how good you are to them.

• If you're scared of him cheating then why are you with him? Guys are gonna cheat no matter what, they aren't happy with one person.

by the way obviously I didn't generalize all guys, what I'm saying is if a guy wants to cheat he will, nothing you can do.

• Don't be a bitch...

• Why should he cheat on you? Because he's a guy, right? That's what guys do, right?

• Above all, be accepting.

• hey, women cheat too. in fact, they're actually better at it, because they know how to get away with it better

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• A lot of people resort to cheating because they love their spouse but are not in-love with them... and don't want to abandon their spouse but can't stand them either. Some even need indepdence and go about it in many different ways, sometimes that also happens to be cheating...

You can't prevent it, it's not you, it's them.

Just know who yo sure getting involved with before you let your emotions fall for them. Look into Dissmissive attatchment style/ Love and Sex Addict. There's a lot of people with these psychological issues.

• I learned this from men. They said there's 3 types of men on this subject 1) gonna cheat. Wanna cheat. Look for and make opportunities for themselves 2) opportunistic cheaters. If the opportunity arises and they think they can get away with it they will go for it. Such as someone who travels for work 3) won't cheat. Decided for himself thats a value of his no matter what opportunities arise he isn't interested in risking hurting his wife, children, reputation, divorcing and losung 1/2 his stuff. Men on here talk about how they all cheat. They dont. They want you to believe they do. I've been hit on over and over by married men. I decided a few times to call their bluff and see if they really would. 5/5 didn't even show. Its an ego game. If course Im talking husbands here. Not boyfriends. Also - be sure to have a strong friendship bond. I've heard many men say their loyalty for a friend is stronget than SO. So be both friend and SO. Strengthens the bond. Reduces need for the ego to go stroke itself in someone else's bedroom.
    Also- make sure he knows its sn absolute deal breaker. "You cheat - Im gone" you fuck her- then you are now hers. And make sure he's very clear on that. Dont be in fear... being fearful on this just keeps hom in power. Be a partner. Live and Love together. Not apart.

• You can't do anything really, most of the time when people cheat it has very little to do with the person theyre cheating on and more themselves (the cheater). So- if you trust him go with it, learn to love and trust.

• Girl, If you go in with suspicious the whole relationship is going to crash and burn. A person who is prone to cheating will cheat regardless of what you do. There is no going about things with that sort of person. Go for someone who is honest. It takes time but there are men.. good men out there. True to the bone good men. Keep on looking at dump this prospective partner.

• If they're going to cheat, they're going to cheat. You shouldn't have to train him not to. If you have to do that, he's not worth it.

• You sound too insecure to be in a relationship. Don't forget girls cheat as well.

lol I sound to insecure really? I asked one question its short and to the point. But okay ;)

There's nothing you can do to prevent someone from cheating. If you're convinced that you can, than you are not far from he cheated it was my fault because I could've prevented it, blah, blah, blah. If you're convinced he will cheat, maybe you shouldn't be together.

Okay seriously the amount of times I have thought, "I don't give a crap." as people say they asked a simple question, is really getting out of hand. I gave one answer and it was straight to the point.

• You can't prevent him from it but you can key his car just in case.

• By not being with a scumbag.

• you can't make him do anything

• You can date someone who you trust enough not to cheat?

• you can not prevent it. You have to trust him, But to keep the relationship interesting make everyday special. do new and interesting things together. fight a bit and show how much you care.