If I say that makeup and fashion are my hobbies will I appear as too "high maintenance" ?

On dating sites, I try not to put it on my profile but, when I tell people that I enjoy reading, writing , films and music/vinyl records I always get asked "but, what else? Is that all you do?" I study film and literature in college so, I can't help it. I want to put more and be authentic but, I feel like I don't seem interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah saying that may come off as 'high maintenance' which might not be the worst thing to be described as.

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading, writing, films, music etc are far more interesting than makeup and fashion. If the guys don't think they're interesting subjects, consider them a bad fit for you.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the guys you want to attract, it's high maintenance to Bill from Target but Francis who works for Morgan Stanley knows that a lot of women like makeup and fashion and won't have a problem with it.

• I don't know but it just makes me think "girly"

• men already know most, if not all women are in to makeup and fashion. they kind of pride themselves on it

What Girls Said 1