Is there a new trend of girls making the approach?

So I haven't been single in a long time... like 6 years long. Basically I was 19 the last time I was single. Anyway, I've been going out and I joined Tinder, just to see what all the digital fuss was about.

I was rarely ever approached by girls in a high school; I can only remember a few instances where girls approached me for my number. But since I've been going out recently they've been coming up and buying me drinks, and on Tinder they say hello first more often than not.

Is this new? Have I been with someone long enough for the entire social paradigm to shift?

Kind of of curious what positives or potentially negatives you see with this culture shift?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, its not a new trend. Girls have been approaching men for years. Its a hit or a miss for shy guys who can't approach women though. They tend to just wait on women taking them by the hand. They'll be lucky if confident women take a shine to them and approach them. Personally, I don't approach random guys. I'll only approach if I've developed a crush on a guy or guys. If guys take an interest in me, I'll give them a chance, but if they happen to be shy and incapable of talking to me. I will not take them by the hand. I stick to my guns when I say that I think who ever forms crushes should take the initiative and act on it themselves. It would put an end to all of this controversy and gender roles. Guys wouldn't moan about women not approaching them and women wouldn't complain about men not approaching them.

I like how they say this as if we all live in the same country.

Well I can only comment on my experience, and I've never been intimidated by women, even when they try to fight me cause then ill just get disappointed.

Thanks for mhg

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you do to get responses on tinder because I swipe right o every girl and can't get nothing. Is it my race I'm biracial black/white, is it girls just don't want that kind of guy

I'm in a Midwest city that's not Chicago lol, so I think there is just less selection for them here

What Girls Said 5

• The ones on tinder are catfish.
    The ones in the bars are prob also catfish.
    But it is also a thing now. Females have escaped their natural habit, the kitchen and are now running amok, propositioning unsuspecting males everywhere all willy nilly. It's an epidemic, to be sure.

Their natural habitat the kitchen? You're a guy on a girls account aren't you? Lol , I can understand the Timder ones being catfish, although considiering I've met up with a couple of them I don't think that's the case. The bar ones though? They are physically there, how can they be catfish; that makes no sense

Yupppp. You got me. I'm a guy. In a female account. Catfishing.
      It makes perfect sense. If you just don't. Think. About. It.
      Just like how you shouldn't question getting free drinks and getting propositioned by schrodingers catfish. :S

• Is it bad? Don't discourage it!

Lol, not bad, just different.

• Yeah we all do that now.

• I believe that we're in a time where girls are becoming more brave!!! Sex roles are pretty much non exaistent anymore! Yay 2k!!!

• Maybe because you're older. I think it's always happened because I remember when I was a little kid my much older brothers always had girls hitting on them when we went places. One even said that dry old line "is it hot in here or is it just me" lmfao... hilarious.

What Guys Said 2

• women change men like shoes so yeah man put yourself in line - get what you can and eventually after being used enough you'll find a decent girl who dont act like these shitiots

• There's no new trend. You're just exceptionally lucky.