Is there a way to get over strong physical attraction for someone?

So, I know this guy from German class and since the first time I saw him, I've been crazy attracted to him. We talk to each other, he's nice, all that colleagues thing. The thing is, I used to send him signals but he never showed any interest. I thought I was ok with that, I tried to move on but I keep catching myself thinking of him. And I know it's just physical attraction because we barely know each other but I can't get him out of my head and its driving me insane. I'm afraid of being bolder because of his initial "rejection"/apparent total lack of interest, and also because I made out with a good friend of his (it didn't mean anything, but I don't know how weird things would be if I now made a move for him). Long story short, he's hot and I need to get over it. Is there any way I can do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• "sending signals" is never nearly as obvious as you think it is. Trust me guys will never understand what you mean unless you are pretty direct. (at least some amount of touching of their arms or notes about how you hate being single or something) Either give it a shot or deal with the fact that you will like him and try and redirect to another guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me, I understand your situation. I was also crushing on a guy that I had some classes with. I barely even knew him and we never talked or anything but I thought he was hot. As time passed by I tried getting to know him but as it turns out he's kind of a jerk, and just like that, I got over it.

What Guys Said 4

• Ask him straight up if he wants to fuck. Worst that can happen is he says no, though very few will say no if you are at least semi-attractive. Maybe once you hump him and get it out of your system you won't think of him as much. Like an itch that needs scratched. That has worked for me in the past before.

• Nope, it'll forever stick

• Can't u go and talk? Try to find mutual friends first then slowly slowly start talking to him. It might help. You should work on yourself too, i can't say for the guy because he isn't asking this question, but he must realize or loose u

• If you are really attracted to the guy for his looks, try to find flaws in him (pimples, moles, etc) if that doesn't work, this kind of attraction usually dies down when you get to know them more.

What Girls Said 0