Is 3 months after a breakup to soon to date/text a guy? I need some advice please ?

I was in a 6 years relationship with my ex boyfriend. We are both 23, he broke up with me in July (7th) over a text. The last year of our relationship turned abusive. He became emotionally abusive with me, called me names, said smart comments, he stopped taking me out on dates, he done nothing with me, he rearly even kissed me! Everything was on his terms, I only got to see him when HE wanted to see me, or have sex or kiss me when HE wanted to. He started fights with me a lot and would tell me to leave his house ( if I was down chilling with him) he went away on holidays all the time with out me also. On may he left to go to Spain for a month he was home the end of June. I was heartbroken and he didn't even care, didn't bring me back a little present or never rang me once while he was away so I stopped asking him for a phone call. Basically he came home in June and I only seen him once, I went down the Saturday night.. of course we ended up having a stupid fight. I was mentioned stay over that night he told me to pack my bag and go home. I tried to apologise but he told me to 'fu*k off' so I left and he didn't talk to me for a week. So then he texted me and ended it saying 'it's over fu*k off leave me alone' 3 months later I heard nothing. 2 weeks ago I tried to text him and ask him to meet up with me for a chat and maybe try and see if there was hope. He said 'nah I don't want to, just get over me' so I never contacted him again and neither has he. So this eye who works in the shop beside me asked for my number 2 weeks ago and we been texting since. He's really nice and sweet, we went out on Sunday night and we had a good time and we kissed. It felt nice tho being out and with a man who wants to kiss me! He's still texting me and I'm enjoying talking to him. I just don't want to rush into anything again😕 I do think of my ex but I try remember everything he done to me. Am I rushing it? Or should I enjoy this? Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes time, it will be different for everyone. It took me six months after a decade plus relationship ended.

Don't rush into anything if you're unsure, you'll just upset yourself and the other person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just go with the flow and how you're feeling. I don't think any time is too soon tbh. Just try to have more respect for yourself as that guy you dated before sounds awful. Make sure the one your going to date is different and enjoy it!

What Guys Said 1

• Just do what you feel is right if you feel you're ready go for it if you don't then wait

What Girls Said 3

• Only you know if you're rushing it. If it feels right then do it..: it feels like it would be a good break for you compared to your past with ur ex and may help u get him out of ur mind even more.
    It is always easy enough to slow things down with a new person.

• If it feels right and you are comfortable there is no time limit. Maybe just take things slow and see what happens. You're previous relationship doesn't sound great and you maybe need to do some healing before you can fully commit to someone else but at the same time it may help you move on. Just do what feels right. Good luck <3

• Date new people when you feel ready. For me 3 months is enough time as more might get you stagnated.