Be honest, why do you date online? Finding forever or finding fuck?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm trying to find someone for a relationship. I figure expanding my search with the help of the internet might help. But I think it is also important to not completely focus on online dating and try to look for people in real life too.

What if you find someone online... Then someone in person? Who will you choose?

Well that the same as if I happened to meet two people in person right around the same time. I guess I would choose the person I have the most chemistry with, but of course it would be a tough decision. I also feel like I'd have the most chemistry with whomever I met first since I would be able to know them slightly more. I guess the early bird gets the worm as they say.

Most Helpful Girl

• Since 2010, Started With.. Facebook.
    A man from Egypt had found me on Facebook and I ended up Flying over and Abroad, where on my Second trip back, we Ended up Tying the Knot, with me having Resided there for awhile.
    Being back in the States, sadly we are now estranged. Long story, many problems. However, I am Not into Going back Out into the Date and Mate Scene off the Net, and Now... Online is Fine and Works Mighty Fine for me.
    It's not for Everyone, hun.
    Good luck and Great question, @happygirl_sadheart xx

What Guys Said 17

• Tried dating online because I wanted to find a girl who'd be a keeper forever. Gave up after all I could ever find searching online, for over a decade, were truckloads of girls who wanted cheap, meaningless flings and fucks, and absolutely nothing more- even on sites like Match. com, eHarmony, Parship and NotForPlayers.

• I never dated online but if I did I think I would do it just for sex. I wouldn't take a online relationship or that person serious. But I would make it known what I was looking for too.

I think it's very important that the other person knows your motives from the start. There are people trying to look for a serious relationship online.

• When I was single, both. Either.

• Dating online is real fucking stupid. I only use tinder when I'm out of town working in conjunction with going out to local bars, and yes to to find someone to bang, not a relationship.

This a real, honest answer. lol

Sounds like you have a lot of experience. I think I don't wanna go out on online dating again. Bad experience, unrealistic and it's only fun for hook-ups.

I ain't that type of girl for a hook up. Guess I deserve better. Lol

Thanks for your input.

Yeah when I was on tour I was using it a lot (not in a band lol, production work) for out of town stuff. When I'd get home I'd talk to some girls, got catfished a lot, and generally met crazy ass girls, not to say they all are, but it was a lot of disappointment at the end of the day. The girl I'm with right now has never even installed any of these app's on her phone and she thinks they are dumb. I feel a lot of people are like that

• Its a hard thing to handle, I had online relationships ( later became real ) before and it was hard.. and I won't do it again.

One of my friend found his wife from chatroulette, she was from Argentina and my friend was in Turkiye. They are happily married right now with 2 kids.

• Never done it. But I'm sure their are both types of people on dating sites. I'm sure if someone goes to one of those ones you see on tv advertise like eharmony they claim to use science and shit right? Maybe on their you'd find someone date able lol

• Dating online is a way to find someone that is a really good match for LTR. The problem is that with so many choices, it makes people more picky with who they will date, and when you do find someone you would be a really good match for, they likely live far away from you.

It is also easier for kinky people to find others with similar interests online. Many things people desire, they may be honest about online, but there's no way they would bring it up in person.

What is ltr mean?

@jjesica346
      LTR means Long Term Relationship

• I dont date online.

• I'm actually trying to find a real girl to date but so far the results haven't been optimistic.

• finding sum one i relate to people n waco bs n use others i learned

• I take it as it comes... if I like the girl I will look for a long term relationship

• i have dated online but wouldn't do it again

• You should work for E-Harmony, That shit is poetry!

• friend of mine, found his girlfriend, on match. com. men have to pay to use that site though. most sites men have to pay to use

• I use it for both. I mean I want a relationship but not just with anybody. Sadly all I've gotten is hookups and flings, no actual relationship. And the times I get closest where I thought the interest was mutual, I ended up being a rebound. Or the girls were super clingy, not attractive.

I think one of the biggest issues with online dating is there's so many options and that goes for both genders. You could feel close to someone and then look for the next best thing and vice versa.

Ever notice when using those sites, generally the same people use them all around?

• i got one girl from a dating app before i lost interest , i was mainly interested in sex, didn't get it though lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Online relationships don't really work. You have to be committed as hell and not clingy and all this shit, you can't do any of the intimate stuff which is a downer so I'd just wait to find the right person irl you will be so much happier in the long run.

• Found my husband online but I wasn't looking for either. I just needed friends lol.

• No, I wouldn't.