He said he loved me after a week. Red flag?

I went out on one date with a guy who was in my class in high school. We had never really talked, but had mutual friends and always said hello in passing. A few days after the date he came over twice to watch movies. We had sex. Too soon I'm sure. Whatever. However, the second time he came over he was a little intoxicated and told me he loved me. I would have just figured it was him being drunk after bowling, but then he went to show me something on Google. When he went to search it "how to tell someone you love them" was already on Google. So now I don't know if it wasn't just a drunken thing. He's not clingy, and is genuine, nice guy. What am I supposed to think about this? We are 24 and 25. Do adults actually think they're in love with someone this soon? Is this a huge red flag?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it is a flag for possessiveness but doesn't mean he's a control freak

Wait what? So I knew it was a red flag for domestic violence and whatnot, but if someone is possessive how can they not be a control freak? I just imagine someone possessive trying to control you and what you do

Most Helpful Girl

• He was probably using the alcohol as an excuse so he could say JK lol later after seeing your reaction. He probably has a long time crush on you. It is too soon but considering all that's happened in a week it's not really a surprise he let it all spill out after finally having you. It really just depends on what you want to do now. Do you want to be in a relationship with him or not?

I do. He's a nice and he's stable and that's exactly what I am looking for in a man. I've always had my eye on him. I just figured I wasn't his type since he was always SO nice but never made a move. The first time we hooked up he did say, "Wow I never thought this would ever actually happen."

Well then, proceed as normal. Congratulations!

What Guys Said 3

• Will this isn't a "huge" red flag, but it does have a red shade to it.

• Yes it is

• Speaking from experience, expect a train wreck

What Girls Said 0