Missed chance, did I do the right thing letting him go?

When I was 16 I was in love with a guy for 2 years in high school. We never dated as there was always bad timing so we parted ways when school finished.

When I was 21, he contacted me but I wasn't single. I stayed up all night emailing him and confessed I never forgot him at school and had kept his emails.

I met up with him to get some closure. I let him go as I was scared of getting hurt again. I stayed with my boyfriend as I wasn't going to end a relationship over a one day reunion with my old crush.

A recent death of an old school friend has triggered off my feelings. I had been fine without him until now. He has been married for 2 years with a child but keeps looking me up on social media. I think his marriage may be in trouble as his wife and her sister looked me up too, so they must have seen his browsing history.

I am 32 and single now but for some reason 11 years later I regret letting him go. By him looking me up all the time is not helping me move on.

Did I do the right thing to let him go?

What Guys Said 2

• everthing happens for a reason. whether its good or bad there is a lesson for you to take away from it. he may just want to look you up to stay friends.

• I guess it doesn't matter now, unless there is something you can do, like blocking him. Sometimes when you accept somethings will never happen you can be at peace.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes you did