Would you date a 29 year old man who worked a minimum wage and only had plans to move up to the store manager?

• Yes, I would.
  • No, I would not.
2mo Guys, would you date a woman this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as a 23 year old I have no interest in dating a 29 year old. Assuming I was 29, I would be open to dating a girl like that on a couple of conditions...

1. She doesn't significantly add to my monthly expenses by expecting me to pay off her debts, buy her fancy clothes, jewelry, or take her to expensive restraunts.

2. I dont really care if she helps with rent or utility bills. I would rather she just saves/invests whatever she makes so that if we do break up she can still support herself. I would however want her to pay for her half of whatever groceries we buy. It is a bonus if she cooks but I am fine with splitting that task if she works the same ammount of hours as I do.

3. Meets my other requirements.
    Reasonably attractive, not significantly less intelligent than I am, pleasant to be around/low drama, common interests, similar sense of humor, and modest (low partner count, hasn't had casual sex, hasn't sent nudes to strangers, and doesn't wear overly revealing clothes).

If she meets all of those then I wouldn't write her off just for lacking ambition.

It's funny that 29 year old men would date a 23 y/o woman and that wouldn't be considered too big of an age difference, but the other way around men think of it as huge.
      But none the less ur answer is nicely detailed :)

You're right. Most would probably just want sex lol.

Exactly

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because that's how I am too lol

What Guys Said 44

• no. guys aren't entitled materialistic spoiled brats-only some women think like this... the type to avoid.

• Yes. I see no problem with this provided she isn't a generally lazy person.

• That depends a lot on the circumstances. Many people end up in situations like this because of the trials of life -- say, being a single parent, never being able to go to college -- granted, I would not feel very attracted to someone who lacked ambition. Even if that ambition is in being a housewife, I would honor it. But frankly someone who wants to be a manager for life does not sound very ambitious. There is value in being a mom and wife; not much in being a manager. Hence I would tend to think that this person lacked ambition, and would be cautious of them. But I would not make any absolutist statements.

• Many women wouldn't (Which is obvious by your poll results) because working a job that makes "Enough" and you enjoy means nothing to them. They want you to spend your whole life trying to make as much money as possible.
    They use their men like an ATM machine and don't care if he is happy at all.

• Of course I'd date someone like that. I'm a man and we don't normally think along those lines like women do. Besides, that can be one of the best and fastest ways to get rich.

• Dating a 29-year old woman who works for minimum wage in a store? No, not exactly my ideal match...

• Id go back and forth with it. It comes off as she's never going to advance in her career because she hasn't already. Still at minimum wage at 29 is concerning. I can find her a job that pays triple of that thats in sales but she has to be able to sell and like it.

• to answer your updated question yes i would date a female with those goals, some store managers make a decent living. it will give them managerial experience where then they can go work for a better company and also make more than the blue collar workers

The cost of living in NY is high. A store manager isn't a decent job unless you are the owner of that franchise.

What if she just didn't want to move up? She was OK with making a buck or 2 over minimum wage her whole life.

@BuchitaBuchys If we could make it then I would be ok with it. There is a certain type of job people are good at retail sales is not for me. so I see it as someone has to do it

• Entering retail to pursue management, is a viable career path in my opinion. As long as the woman felt he was serious about it, I can't imagine that turning off too many women.

Earning 14- 20 dollars at most with the expensive cost of living especially ny is nothing unless you plan to open your own franchise.

• Yes I would. I don't judge people based on their job or aspirations. I judge them based on who they are as a person

In a few years when you have kids, and you're pulling all of the weight to make ends meet, would it have been worth it?

Yeah, when you think about the situation in depths it has to go beyond "I like the person".
      You have to think practically.

Very fair point

• Yep, wouldn't care at all. There are plenty of ways to be ambitious in life and financial/status ambition is probably among the most overrated and even problematic for having a happy life.

• I mean as long as they hustled and did 40 hours or more and had some other job supplementing their income I would be fine. You can't knock the hustle since some people don't have the luxury or school and do not have a trade skill.

But I wouldn't be thrilled if they just did their 40 hours and didn't try to do better with an extra job. 40 hour work weeks these days are part time.

• More to life than material things

When you want to create a family with someone someone being able to provide goes beyond just material. Look at the age I mentioned.. if this person doesn't have a family of their own already they would most likely want one soon.

• Its motivation and desire. They can do better

• Well if she's cute with a nice personality I would date her. If she doesn't try at life and has no real interests then No. But if she does try and she at least tries to learn new things then yes.

• I would if i werent married, Its all about personality, on top of that i dont really worry about money, i make enough for two..

• Yes, why not?

• Well I'm Hungary that's equivalent to starving to death.

• It should have been bearing on dating someone unless you plan to marry.

If I were marrying, I would not care where the girl is in her career. It is her wish. I would however want her to be college educated. For me, her job is to do well what women excel at and men can't. Not strive to be another man. Providing for the family is MY job.

• I wouldn't, because I'm straight.

But if I had a daughter right now, I'd rather her date a store manager than an accountant.

• Assuming it refers to women too, I would if she has something interesting to offer. Carrier is just one trait that can make a woman desirable among the others, the fact that she lacks of this doesn't mean there are not any other.

• Nope, seems lazy and lacks ambition. Definite turn offs for me.

• No because I'm not gay. As far as a women maybe if she's hot enough. If I can only pick one rather have a goddess than a sugar momma.

Of course you're not gay that's y you should have read the update

• I probably would, though I usually date younger.

• I'd say manager would be a good job, but of course all women want it seems are engineera or somebody with a big bankroll., completely missing the entire lesson.

• Yes, I would. Money is far less important than compatibility. If we were compatible and we had a great connection, why wouldn't I stay with her?

• I don't think so

• hell, the way people are loosing their jobs... being a store manager might as well make you into a king.

• Not really. Being the manager of a store isn't really enough these days. I guess if I was in love with her I'd overlook that though

• sure why not.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 9

• Oh hell now my SO has to have some ambitions in life

• Nope. Not if he had zero ambition beyond that.. I don't want to share my life with someone who's gonna be a financial drain on me or force me to downgrade my lifestyle.

An what do you bring to table? Ambitious men want a women who's ambitious about her beauty and physique...

Well that all depends on what your asking for otherwise you might struggle. Men make the decision on what value you bring to table. Otherwise let's hope there's a cat rescue centre nearby you because your might need to grab a shit load of feline friends to take home with you 😂.

I'd make it quick and revaluate what your demanding because your pushing for time before becoming post wall cupcake.

@Mrwoo99

Sorry to burst your bubble there kiddo, but I'm happily settled into a domestic partnership with a great guy. We both bring various positives to the table, including financial security and ambition.

• As long as they're happy and making a living while doing it. I wouldn't mind that.

• If I liked him yeah why not? Not everybody wants to be fucking rich, some people just want to do this or that and have a relaxed life.

You can't have a relaxed life struggling to pay bills.

You'll only struggle if you don't know how to live in your price range. ;)

• Uh, no. I'm 15, that's be weird

Would you like a 15 year boy who was contented with only graduating highschool and not advancing in life?

So basically he wants to graduate high school, and lie around all day drinking? Doesn't plan to become a plumber/carpenter, some sort of artist or musician, or a stay-at-home dad and look after our kids? I'd say no. I don't mind supporting him if he's going to look after our kids, but do nothing? I'm not supporting someone who just wants to laze around all day

• No because I want to be a stay at home mom. I know so many girls who would though

• Nope sorry.

• Never

• Most likely, no.