Would you date someone who you were good friends with but for whom you had no physical attraction for?

How important is physical attraction? Do you need it from both sides for the relationship to be genuine? If there is no physical attraction at first, can it develop over time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not. That would be a terribly cruel thing to do to the girl and an absolute betrayal of my own happiness and horrific for me.

Physical attraction can develop, but usually not, there usually needs to be at least a kernel of attraction for it to grow. Yes

Physical attraction is the thing of primary importance for most people. It's the spark that makes everything else possible. There are rare people who don't find people physically attractive and are only attracted to personality or other things.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I have no physical attraction to you I can't form a genuine romantic relationship with you. If it isn't there, it's likely never going to be, which can heavily impact intimacy.

What Guys Said 14

• Personally I would. Most guys would say no though. The reason it's called 'finding the right one' is because people want to find someone that they're attracted to physically AND they're good friends with.

Both sides need to have their own accepted reasons to be in a relationship, it's not a 50/50 mirror match. She may be attracted to him physically, but he may like her personality.

Physical attractions can develop over time. There have been people I wouldn't have considered attractive at first, but after being around them for so long I became attracted. I guess people grow on each other.

• I've been in this position. It really needs at least some kind of physical connection, at least for me. I met a girl with a great personality, but I'm not attracted to her physically. It's sad, but although we're friends, I wouldn't date her.

• I think I would, you never know the physical attraction comes, and in the end you're friends so the one occasion will probably be nice :D

• To be good friends, we would have to have common interest, for example, Opera or Nascar. On that basis, since my life doesn't revolve around sex, yes.

• No we would remain fight friends I would prob get her down and pin her

• No that is friendship not attraction. I don't think they can mix

• No physical attraction? That's a little much

I think if you like someone you'd find them somewhat attractive no matter what otherwise you simply can't like them as a bf/gf. It would be considered friends

• it won't work in the long run without any physical attraction. and with that I mean if I think she's unattractive... that will most likely not change. if I just think she's average but not ugly... I might give it a try

• I would not date anyone I had no physical attraction for.

• Physical attraction is skin deep. I want a girl with a beautiful personality.
    i don't care about looks., weight, height , once i love a girl there is no turning back.

• No there has to be at least some type of attraction there.

• No way.

• Yes. I care a lot more about personality.

• When you see a person you are physically attracted, how long does it take you to feel it?

What Girls Said 4

• Nope

• I won't date someone I have no attraction towards but yes it can develop over time.

• Nope nope been there done that not again

• no i wouldn't