Do you still ask for a girls/guys phone numbers or is that a thing of the past?

If not, then what do you do instead?

2mo When I say "asking for numbers" im referring to random people that you met in a bar or the park (for example). Not like... someone you work with or know from school.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I do that all the time

Well yeah I see what you are asking, and I will mirror a little bit of what someone else says. I talk to girls if I'm at a bar or random person walking, if its a short exchange I'll end with let me get your number, I'll shoot ya a text later. If it doesn't seem like its going anywhere I won't.

I certainly didn't think that, I understand more of what you are asking about though :)

Thanks, bud! ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's still a thing? It's prob even more a thing now bc of how glued to our phones we all are..

What Guys Said 17

• I dont ask for numbers anymore. If she's not super excited to speak with me at first sight, nothing is going to happen. Ever. I ask questions that tell me exactly how she feels. If she doesn't feel, she gets nothing flattering.

Fighting for girls and/or "chasing" is also stupid.

• If that stops what else is there to do trade email addresses or facebook? Lol

• Yeah if I feel she's interested I do or I might set up a date first in which we meet and then if things go well there I'll get her number.

Sometimes I like to make it fun and use gentleman's calling cards since I'm old fashioned and I'll have something like if I might have the honor to see you again please down your number and return to owner.

These are gentleman's calling cards if you don't know what they are

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../..._we-a-2_1429862827152.jpg

Awe. Thats kinda cute.

Lol what can I say I love the classics plus they usually get a girl to chuckle some of them are pretty funny and flirty, comical.

• I do, but... profile pic.

• Yes all the time. Id rather ask for a number, than ask for email. Besides its ussualy a cell and I call it then and there. Lol.

• Usually people just ask for their name, add them on Instagram, DM them, and then ask for their number later if necessary.

I don't have Instagram though, so I wish it wasn't that way.

• It still happens

• Yeah but i dont get it why girls are willing to give me their numbers (sometimes i dont even ask for it - they propose it actually) and they never reply. Guess im not "good enough/hot enough" whatever!

• I do, and it's fun, even though they reject me, we laugh for a while.

May i know why the question? Do the people in your culture do it in a different way? Or they used to? and now they don't?

I know its still around... im just wondering if its as popular as it was back like 10, 20 years ago. Apparently people seem to think im a retard and I dont understand that people's lives revolve around their phone now-a-days.

• Asking her phone number is too direct and she might refuse, so i ask if she is on whatsapp and give her my number..😂😂

• I still ask

• I don't have a phone so usually I give them my first middle and last name so they can find me on facebook.

• "Hey babe can I have your MSN so we can cam later"

Shout out to the people who remember the MSN days.

• Yes, but only if I think we can have some plans in the future.

• Now world has changed
    may ask about " Skype, facebook , in my opinion... etc "

• I think it's should be more common to just ask for social media details rather than giving them a number that they can bug you on all the time. But yeah it still happens.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I don't do it but I know it still happens.

I have guys asking me for my number when I'm on a night out all the time.

• Its typicallt the best way to contact someone... Yes. People will typucally ask of they can text me though... They typically do not call

• I don't think I have ever asked directly
    But I do ask friends

• Yup... Getting the number the easy part but getting a reply be the hard part haha... a lot of people ask for your snapchat doe