Online dating etiquette and lies?

So Im a member of a dating site, and most guys suddenly lose interest in chatting with me mid conversation and I never hear from them again. But one guy was different ; we went on two dates ( no sex) and he said he liked me, that he could see us chilling together. We texted day after date, and then I never heard from him again. That was about a week ago. If he didn't like me, why not say so? I called twice in the past week, thinking he liked me. I know where he lives; Im not showing up unannounced looking pressed. If anything Im a little angry having my time wasted; at least I got a free movie out the deal ( even I offered to go half). Any advice on how to not get passed over, or insight to why this happens? What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably been dating a lot of girls and found one he likes better. IE too much of a bitch to tell you, and hopes you will go away if he doesn't talk to you.

Unless he been hospitalized or someone died, And he contacts me, Im going away.

Yeah its not worth your time to worry about it, move on and forget his dumb ass

Most Helpful Girl

• When you join dating websites you have to be prepared for most dates not going anywhere or progessing any further. Most people online are pursuing other people too , you won't be exclusive to them

It just didn't work out for whatever reason, so you need to get passed it. If you're struggling to, then dating websites aren't the right place for you to look for a potential boyfriend

You may not be what he is looking for, but I'm sure you'll also meet guys and find out they aren't really what you're looking for either. People using date sites face many rejections

I'd forget him and move on from him.

I expected rejection; if they stop messaging me, i get it. If they communicate no interest, also fine. I didn't expect someone to say they like me, to go on two dates with , continue to say they like me day after, and dissapear from the face of the earth. But yeah, online dating may not be for me. Thanks

Yeah it's rude and ignorant. Just be thankful you've discovered early on that he's ignorant and unreliable , because that's probably how he'd treat you if you were in a relationship with him.

What Guys Said 5

• Try not dating online lol. Ik everyone claims it's this "new, innovative, and efficient way to date" but people very rarely use it for anything besides casual sex.

I'd recommend a little IRL social networking. Expand your friend circle and meet guys from your GF's BFs.

• On the messaging side when you say lose interest are they the last one to message or are you and are you asking them questions or just answering?
    I assume she's not interested and just being polite if there not asking me anything as well or writing as much as me and if i was the last message i dont message till they have.
    I made all that up but that's the messaging etiquette use. I haven't got as far as dating though.

I answer most messages with question at end-normally not something they already answered on page. I focus on one guy at tine so as not to get confused. If they stop asking questions in return I give up after two or three messages. I like your etiquette, thank you

• Maybe he died?

That would be tragic. I didn't think about that...

• I'm sure he just forgot your hut number, or was eaten by a lion.

Doubtful he lost my number, the lion seems way more likely.

• I'd personally just drop talking to him. If it's causing stress like this then it isn't worth it.

What Girls Said 0