"Are you asking me out on a date?" What does that mean?

Have u ever had experience of asking someone if they're free to do something, and they ask u back "Are you asking me out on a date?"

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol she's so straight forward...👍 I've done that once to my guy friend lol in a teasing way and we both were totally cool and not attracted to each other that way at all so we both knew I was messing around..
    If your girl and you have been on a date or like each other or something, then she's clearly sending you the message.. Ask her out

Most Helpful Guy

• It means, are you asking because your interest is purely friendship, or is it to see if there is a potential for romantic future and you have some attraction?

What Girls Said 3

• Usually means you "Are you asking me out on a date?" . It is pretty simple. Also the girl probably feels you like her or vice versa.

• Yes, I've done it. It reduces social mistakes and clarifies things so there isn't all the guessing.
    Recognize may or may not want it to be a date.
    So- I would ask "would you like it to be a date?" That way you are still good either way and can go from there.

• They just want clarification with regard to the intention you had when you asked them to hang out.

What Guys Said 1

• It means what it says. Usually because you're the opposite gender.