I ruined my life? I am so sad?

I ruined my life. I am 24 and achieved nothing, never had a boyfriend, no friends, no career, no nothing. What can i do? I go to school but its a shitty education... i am so depressed, how could i let my life pass me by?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did that too to some degree, and I'm 50. I spent years watching TV and being introverted. my brogher abused me and my dad was quite mean at times. I had a good mom. You just survive and get past it. Your life hasn't passed by, some of the toughest part of it has. You have a LOT of life ahead. The sooner you look forward, day to day, the better it will be. It helps to get perspective on the past and forgive... yourself and others... becasue what you hold onto controls.

What are you learning in school? why isn't it very good?
    where is your father?

do you have energy to do things just don't know what to do?
    It really sounds like you need to get out of the house and be somewhere else for a while. there are exchange programs and such where you can live somewhere else, work on a farm, etc.. maybe explore that... but costs $ and be very careful that you trust those involved.

Most Helpful Girl

• Really? At 24? That's NOTHING. You're not a loser. You're just stuck on some things you can't control.

For one, if it's a shitty education, stop wasting your time, effort, and money, and go join university that's better, even if you have to sign up for financial aid. There is no reason to continue doing something that's "shitty". So, look into other colleges and speak with them to see how many credits you can transfer over.

Secondly, if you want friends, you can try to increase your chances to get them by being more out-going and drawing more attention to yourself. When in class, raise your hand to ask or answer a question, or contribute to class discussions with your opinions. That way, you expose a little piece of your personality for others to see, which can draw people toward you, especially if they think you're smart enough to form study groups with. Join any clubs, volunteer work, etc they have there. Try to get a job on campus where your face is seen a lot. Smile at people as you pass them by, and do it routinely until they start remembering you. I've had a few friendships start that way. Go join a gym, or situate yourself around where people are like 5ks, or grand openings, etc.

There's a lot of pressure to having a boyfriend or a girlfriend at certain ages. I too worried about that at 24. But when I kept aging, I honestly, just didn't care anymore, becuase I don't need to have a boyfriend to feel like I"m worth something, or that something isn't wrong with me. I have my whole life ahead of me and there's more to me then things I don't have. I'm not saying your life or circumstances will be like mine. I'm just saying stop being hard on yourself and instead, just continue to live your life until certain things do happen for you.

It's a choice. Your can make changes for yourself, or stay defeated. You are young, there is plenty of time.

What Guys Said 15

• Don't you worry... I feel the same way, i'm in a shitty university with shitty education but i know that no one is going to help me go through my life so i have to do it myself.. You just have to trust yourself and be true to yourself.. Don't care about others or having a boyfriend or whatever.. When you start achieving then people will come to you automatically... Just Trust yourself and work hard even if the future seems dark right now. Never lose hope

• You can't change what's gone but you can change the future. Remember that Genghis Khan was in his 40s when he started building his Empire and we all have heard of him. It's never too late.

• Then start doing things now then. I'm 26 and I've done basically nothing too, but I'm working towards my goals now and making progress. It feels good. Just pretend in your mind that you are 18 again, and do what you would have done if you had done it right the first time. It doesn't matter. It's not that bad. If you have food and a roof over your head, then you are set. You are still very young. You haven't 'ruined your life'. And you're a girl. Relax. And about being depressed. Exercise is a great anti depressent, and helps keep you skinny and therefore sexy. Also, find things you like to do. Don't know what you like to do? Congratulations, your new mission is to try things until you find something.

• You're still young.. Your life isn't ruined at 24..

• Try stand up comedy. Call your self sweet dee.

• You still have youth. A lot of people at our age feel the same way so you're not alone. Sure you have had some accomplishments worth mentioning.

• I started drinking at 15 soon started pot then other hardcore drugs. Couldnt finish my studies no girlfriend no job. But Now I got sober. I pray to God everyday I ask him for his help and he helps. Trust me spend more time praying to God and you will become one in a million. It works. If past was bad it was just an experience so learn to let go. I am 22 and today after getting sober beating my addiction my life has changed totally. Only because of my belief in God he helps he listens.

• Get your ass up and go find something to do, 2016 almost finish start the new year with new goals, and stop sympathizing

• thats how I feel, pretty much ditto except I'm male, except I have like 3 friends

• You're still young af you're not 34 working part time and living with your parents

• I'm sure you'll have one before 30

• Dont worry, just take babysteps to somewhere you wanna go, it snowballs very fast if you're consistent.

Dont remember who said it but:
    You overestimate what you can achieve in a year.
    But wildly underestimate what you can accomplish in 10.

its all about the long run

• you are still very young. Your life is just beginning.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Start now by making the needed changes in your life. Life doesn't get better by chance , it gets better by change. Meditate on what changes you need to make to improve your life then motivate yourself to make those changes

You are still young. You don't want to reach the age of 34 and regret not taking the initiativto to improve your life when you " were 24" Start now. It's never too late

Change what you can, and accept what you can't. Take every opportunity that comes your way, or try to create new opportinties by trying new things

• lol honey, i'm 30 and have absolutely nothing to show for it~ no ring, no fancy piece of paper, no career, no demon spawn... but i'm happy.

i thought i'd ruined my life too~ wrong school, wrong major, only guy i'd ever loved cheated on me... but now, i'm pushing 30 and in my first year of university; i'm studying what i love, since i'm the only adult telling me what to do, and i attend classes 5 days/week while also working part-time at a home furnishings store.

you're young, and you still have your entire life ahead of you. so stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

hate your job? find another one.
    hate your school? find another one.
    no boyfriend? who cares. love yourself, and others will follow.

only you can control your happiness. and, if i can make such profound changes at my age, then you can sure as hell do it at yours.

• You're still young, girl! It's not too late to build the life your heart desires. :) Education is a gift and many people don't take advantage of it. So don't beat yourself up or be too hard on yourself because that's not going to fix the problem or propel you back into time to change your present.

A great place for you to stop would be taking an honest, hard look at yourself and deciding just how you're going to remodel the internal you. Confidence, self-love, compassion, a heart of gold, integrity, and loyalty are keys. Creativity, passion, enthusiasm, and style are detailed trimmings. Bring life into your atmosphere by buying some plants, nurturing them, and watching them grow. Work out, challenge your physical strength, stamina, speed, and endurance. Take up a belly dancing class because it will help you feel sexy and sensually skilled. Start prepping and planning out your schedule in a way that will make you feel fulfilled and in love with life.

• Long long time ago I was in the same spot as You hun. But than I said " Fuck this shit!" and became a pirate!

http://i.imgur.com/4Zmq7yV.gif?noredirect

• What do you mean it's a shitty education?

• come to cairns, queensland. youd be considered smart here and have a great life, marry a hot aussie, have his kids while he goes to work:)

• you have time to make it right