LDR boyfriend lies to me?

Well I have been with him for months now and we love each other and I can tell that he loves me. But the huge huge problem is that he Lie quite a lot. He lie about his last name (which I found out he is lying about) , about his height also he first told me he is something between 5'8 and now he is suddenly 5'11 , about his nationally, which later he isn't lying anymore about it , about having a dog and shit like this , more and more. Why would he do that? I know he loves me and cares but he is a liar it turns me off a lot which makes me want to dump him, but I love him too much and want his trust but I'm really tired of his lies.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol you are in a relationship with a shadow, look for people in the real world that you can at least see

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly feel this on a personal level. I have been in a LDR for almost 2 years now. When I met her she lied about who she was too, so I get where you're coming from. It was a shocker (she didn't tell me her real first or last name, she didn't just lie about her last name). She constantly lies to me about things she knows would piss me off. The real question is, why do the bad thing in the first place if you know it will upset your significant other? She and I are going through a rough time right now and I may end it. Yes, 2 years would be given up but I do not want to be in a relationship with someone who always lies. I believe you should confront him about it (if you haven't already) try to have a serious conversation about it. Let him know what you're thinking. If things like this continue, I'd tell you to take a break. Let him know you're seriously done with being lied to so you need to consider whether or not you should keep putting up with it. I'm sorry to say it but if it continues after that then I would break up with him. My girlfriend lied about who she was and still lies about so many things. It hurts. So much. I know you love him, I love her so fucking much but honestly you and I deserve better. They both need to stop fucking lying or we need to let them go, because we shouldn't have to go through pain like this. Try talking to him about it, take a break if needed, and if all else fails, dump him...

What Guys Said 2

• Umm i am going to level with you.. Once a person is a liar, they are always a liar. he will only change if he wants to. my advice for you is to leave while you can.

• Maybe he's a pathological liar, those seem like really small things to lie about, nothing really too serious.

What Girls Said 3

• Why is he still your boyfriend?

• Hmm lying about a last name at first (in long distance) is the one lie I can understand , all of the others were just a bit ridiculous , especially the one about having a dog , I would leave the relationship in a mature manner , its not right to be with someone who lies to you , or just lies in general about things he really doesn't need to lie about. You can't trust him and you said his lying turns you off, explain to him why you are having doubts before terminating the relationship , he needs to know why you are unhappy with him

• i hate compulsive liars