Are all guys so quick to commit to women?

I have recently opened myself up to dating again & have went on dates with a few different guys. I'm holding out until I can find someone that is secure in themselves because I either find nice guys that are really possessive, controlling, & jealous or guys that are so full of themselves it's just a total turn off. My question is the last few guys that I've went on dates with want to commit really fast. I feel like these are red flags. I'm talking about wanting to be exclusive after two weeks or less of talking/dating. Is this normal? I just got out of a really bad relationship (controlling & he was a chronic cheater) about a year ago & im doing my best to avoid getting into another situation like that again. How long does it take the typical guy to know that he wants to be exclusive & why the heck is everyone in a hurry to get there? The whole point in dating is finding the best match for you so why rush it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No thats almost a sign of controlling. Like want you "off the market" for themselves. Thats not normal for me anyways.

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry, I've never heard of a nice guy who's possessive. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Committing fast *can* be a red flag, or not. It depends on how well you connect, how much time you spent together, how much you talk, etc. The larger red flag is whether or not they respect the fact that it's too soon for you.

Like the codependent type that treat you great but want to spend every living moment with you & bombard you with questions when you do things without them. I've met some really nice guys but they're so insecure it makes them act in a possessive manner. I unfortunately had to file a police report on one guy after I told him I didn't want to see him anymore. He was very nice but too insecure for me. He wouldn't leave me alone. Kept popping up at my house, the gym, using apps to text me, making new email accounts to message me. The dude would've given me the shirt off of his back but was very possessive in the manner that he treated me when I wasn't with him & we weren't even committed. That's a good point about them respecting if it's too soon for me. Thank you.

Very true. Thank you! I will just have to continue to be firm on my boundaries until I find someone that fits well with my personality. Thanks again!

Yes, for sure. Don't settle, don't change your expectations. You won't find happiness that way.

• I guess you're just so friggin hot that you makes these boys lose their shit.

If I really like a girl, I figure it out pretty quickly. Same thing when I *don't* like them. I'm done with them yesterday.

So if you like a girl are you willing to become exclusive quickly? I've always heard that men are difficult to get to commit that's why I'm confused. I don't have a ton of dating experience. I had a 16 year relationship followed by a 4 year one so this is all new to me.

Only if I'm really into her. My thing is that I know very quickly whether she's who I want in my life. The physical thing is instantaneous, and the shared values and compatibility can be figured out pretty quickly. If a girl meets my standards (which are pretty specific), then I don't wait around. I go for what I want.

• Commitment is scary to men! Don't bring that up. Let it happen naturally. Time to get juiced up bro!

• Like how old are these guys?

Early 30's to early 40's

I have no idea. I'm 35 & won't date anyone under 33 so if that's the case I may just end up staying single.

O. o don't give up; better to find the right guys instead waste time with the wrong one

• The older they get, the more desperate they are. That's why they are rushing it.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh yeah I meet a lot of these too 😩😐

Lol I thought we were supposed to be the clingy/needy ones!!! 😉

Yeah ! I knowww. And it is actually kinda creepy this way around