Girls, what are you looking for in a husband?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, husbands are the providers. And I do not use this word just in relations to finances, I use it to describe the husbands over all duties, inside and outside the bedroom. Things I except out of my husband are: acceptance, compassion, honesty, intelligence, grace, understanding, responsibility, patience, loyalty, and service. As a whole a husband should be looked to as the head of the household.

A wife should possess similar characteristics as well. They should always follow gracefully under the her husband guidance. Pride, self-respect, open communication, and trust should flow in the deepest part of a her soul. This does not make her some fragil creature. And this does not mean she can not be independent. It means that she chooses to allow her husband to take the lead. She is still an individual. She still has her own thoughts and she still is capable of making decisions. She just trust her husband to be there for her and their children and knows him not as a selfish man but as a generous provider.

When I look for a husband these are the things I am looking for. No amount of money or looks can cover up the lack of these characteristics. And the guy I am with hopefully looks for similar Things in me. I rather not be with someone who only thinks I am pretty or a great fuck.

i hate old age
      child love is the best

thank you hun

Welcome sir!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• Here's what I found in mine that caused me to marry him:
    - good sense of humor; doesn't take life too seriously
    - knows how to adapt to many different social settings (like, he's not embarrassing at company parties or around my extended family)
    - he loves animals
    - he is fantastic in bed and we are super compatible in that respect
    - he is charming (though sometimes I hate that)
    - he's super calm and slow to anger; which balances me out because I become enraged more easily than I probably should
    - he's confident, but he's not vocal about it, and doesn't need to be because it shows anyway
    - he doesn't lie to me to make me feel better, but he knows how to tell hurtful truths in a way that isn't inflammatory
    - he's my best friend and actually wants to hang out with me outside of the obligatory "spouse time" that goes with being married

Why do you HATE that he is charming? That's weird! :-P

@redeyemindtricks my charm does translate some in the real world. This older blonde woman at the school seemed to take to some subtle flirting with me when I met her. :)

@Prof_Don Yeah, I married the extreme of that. It's downright hilarious to watch, actually.
      I described it a bit in the mho here
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1961117-how-to-respectfully-compliment-women-s-breasts

• Someone who can be my best friends and have similar interest as me.
    Similar values and norms.
    He should also be faithful, caring, affectionate and not be lazy :)

• - mental compatibility
    - attractiveness
    - stable job/income
    - Good traditional Family
    - Fun to be with
    - Protective and slightly jealous
    - Hard working
    - Respectful

• honesty, security, sexual compatibility, supportive and funny, strong and understanding. Also a desire to have kids.

Good list.

On top of this list -- since I don't think you and yr guy live together yet -- I'd make sure to add 2 more things:

• Approximately the same standard of cleanliness (= basically, NOT "one slob and one neat freak")

• Approximately the same desire for "structure"
      (this has tons of different aspects, but, here's the easiest window into it: If you were on vacation together, how "scheduled" would you want the time to be, vs. how unstructured/spontaneous?)

To borrow the cliché phrase from the courts, these are 2 examples of things that really CAN be "irreconcilable differences".
      A neat freak and a slob really CANNOT coexist without growing resentment, love or no. Same with someone who prefers structure/advance planning as a default vs. someone who prefers to wing it.

These may sound stupid, but they are incredibly big deals once you're trying to build a life together.

• An intelligent guy who shares my sense of humor, is well read and can carry conversations with me.
    Someone who is kind, logical and loyal who loves me and shares at least some of my life goals.

• Companionship. Stability but flexibility welcomed. Understanding and emotional support if ever needed.

• I'm not looking to marry unless laws change and I can have a harem!

• A ton of things, to narrow it down...
    -physical attraction
    -ambition
    -high sex drive
    -patient (I'm stubborn)
    -someone who desires children
    -can provide for our family (not just material things, but emotional things as well)
    -fun to be around
    -listens to understand not to respond
    -good at communication...

Yeah that's just to name a few haha.

• I'll answer you If I ever start looking for a husband.

• Trust, love, respect, caring, understanding, considerate, good looking in the face, average or toned body, kind, traditional moral background with Christianity, polite, intelligent, outspoken

• Hot
    Big dick
    Six pack
    Rich

U mad?

• I don't want to get married

• Best friend characteristics and traits. I need to be able to tell him everything and anything.

• I honestly just want someone to share the small moments with and when we get older we can look back and smile.

• I'm not

• Loyal
    Faithful
    Attractive
    Similar interests
    Caring
    Honest

• To be considerate, kind, and likes children.

• I would really love patience in a guy.
    It'd be great if we communicated well (or at least on the same wavelength). If he had a sense of humor, that would be such a bonus.

• Compassion, kindness, similar goals, values, morals, principles and interests, loving, a good listener, caring, confident, supportive and protective, mutual attraction, honest, sensitive to my physical and emotional needs, trustworthy, patience and someone who can be my best friend and pick me up when I'm down.

• Respect, sense of humor, security, true love, value of faith and family, love/want children, trustworthy and loyal, great sex

• Loyal, hot, good income, nice person. Someone with good hygiene, good sense of humor, good dress sense. Also, someone who is good in bed ;)

• - respects me and my opinions
    - patient and low temper (cos i can be a pain)
    - not dramatic
    - non-materialistic, (i'd rather have a laid back guy who enjoys a nice time more than a nice watch)
    - I have to be physically attracted to him (which is not "he has to be physically attractive to everyone else")
    - loyal/trustworthy
    - if i can open up 100% to him
    - I love funny people so that would be awesome, but if not, at least he's gotta like my jokes

• High income
    Physical attractive
    Loyal

Sounds like a really boring relationship XD

At least I'm stable and comfortable

sounds like a relationship of where you sit on your ass all day and cheat while the guy works hard, looks pretty and can't cheat on you just because he is the loyal one. To be honest nothing new, here. Seen that soo many times.

What Guys Said 1

• Money